A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Rebel XT DEMO

Rebel XT DEMO

So my video teacher was showing off his new toys. 3 Sony HDV video cams and controls, a new switch, and also got a Rebel XT hanging around. Said I could take it out to "evaluate" it whenever I want.

So what shall I do to test this new toy out?

I am thinking something to test out the shutter motor. is it 3 or 5 frames a second for the rebel XT?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Get yourself out to your local racetrack and put that thing through the ringer.

That's the 350 right? Continuous Drive - 2.8 fps, up to 14 JPEG or 4 RAW frames

hmhm Race track.

I will try and get some fast shutter speed pics. Rainy out here in Vermont getting the tail end of the hurricane.

Might not borrow it till next week though. Will post when I get my hands on it.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

What lens do you have on it? Just go out an use it as much as possible. Test the flash, shoot burst, feel the weight size, balance. Shoot portrait and landscape. Just get a feel for it.

Full moon on September 17th. Might have to take it out for some nights shots.

ps: I think it is stock lense.

WannaBe,
    I have a friend who owns the rebel xt.. He uses it for freefall photography.. takes awesome shots.. I like it better than the first rebel that I own.. Kinda wish I could trade up. If I see him I will post a shot from his camera. He uses the sports mode mostly.. In a 45 sec freefall he is getting 30-38 shots off.. which is great for us..

freefall photography?

Do you guys basejump or something?

We skydive for a living.. lol.. visit my website..
    Website

What is wrong with your site? it is really small?

It looks fine on 2 different computers here..What you mean by small?

WannaBe,
    I can't go to flickr.com now from work, it gets blocked.. I use it for my pics as well.. But here is a attachment of a pic that was taken with the rebel xt.. not one of his better shots but only had this with him..

Sorry didnt attach..here you go..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your site appears minatureised in firefox. It works fine in i.e.

thanks.. never tested in firefox.. great now need to figure that out for firefox.. thanks for the heads up..

That is an awesome picture.

I have always wanted to go sky diving. But to do a tandum here through vermont skydiving acedemy I think it is $200, and I don't have that kind of cash laying around at this time for that.

Got it.

Got a nice shot of a grass hopper. Will post after.

Large Version
    First picture I took as soon as I walked out of the building. And as I didn't have time to play with all the new shinny buttons and dials I just used auto.

I got the Rebel XT (350D) as a graduation present from the fam, and im lovin' it.
    no complaints with that stock 18-55mm lens, but id love to get my hands on a macro and/or big zoomer... and/or fishey... and or.. nvm i just want some lenses lol

I am definitely a Macro whore so when I get ym camera that will be one of the first things for it. A nice telephoto lense is on the list as well.