A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adobe Illustrator 9

Ok i have an image i did using Illustrator 9 and i want to import it. I tried using BOTH .eps and .ai formats and each time flash REALLY messed it up when it tried to import it. So then i converted the files to Version 8 and 7 and flash still messed it up. Suggestions? Thanks in advance

http://www.dimensionstudios.net

Illustrator

I've used Illustrator 8 and it dose stink. I usually copy and paste. It's not as clean but it works much better. I think if you have access to macromedia's freehand which I think is thier version of illustrator it would work much better because they are both macromedia programs. Hope this helped?

RE

lol, that's the thing i tried freehand 9 and it still ****ed up

illustrator8

i know what your running into. try this; instead of saving you're Illustrator doc. in the 8.0 Illustrator Format save it in 7.0 Illustrator Format. this worked for me.

Red face EPS may do the trick

I've had this problem myself. Strangest thing I've ever seen. When I would import AI version 8 files, for some reason a bunch of brushes (those bees and other shapes from AI) would appear in the Flash movie. Very very strange.

After importing some clipart just fine, I found that the by saving it in say EPS version 5 it would work out OK. It had a tendency to mess up the colors though...

But there is a Flashwriter plugin that you can download off the web. I believe its in the resources section of this web site (Or you could just get it from Macromedia ) The Flashwriter seems to generate swf files just fine for me. Wish you the best of luck.

if you notice when you export an .ai file from flash the lates version you can do is 6.0 Your safe using this version between the too. I've had no problem using brushes, though sometimes the color is off.

By the by cna you tell me if ver. 9 has an automate feature?
    it would be under file>automate most likely.

thanks

Hey... someone else has this problem... I use Illustrator8 and I ussually save my files as .eps and use the illustrator 5/5.5 setting for it. WOrks great... haven't had a problem.

Vince

(P.S. Freehand is evil.)

RE

Thanks for all the replies guys. . .i really apprecate it.

In response to Gooch's question. Yes, freehand 9 does have an automate option.

Austrian Superstar
    I don't have problems importing ai files into Swift, but I have problems EXPORTING em!
    swift often just stops exporting on frame 2 of 39 or something!