A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Any of u know the lord a your personal lord and savior??

w/e
    Fogle

Well Endowed or whatever ?
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

Quote Originally Posted by j.manfogle
    not sure on that one but New Orleans was a sinful city (no offence) but voo doo was really big there and idk but that might be the reson i'm not positive i'll ask some ppl i know and see what the say and i might get back to u!! on that Q!!
    i didn't say that either. all i said is that God made ppl the way they are no one is perfect!!
    Game. Set. Match.

Dude, if you want to talk serious religion, go find a religious forum. Here we like iPods, old internet memes, and anything on slashdot or engadget.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

i didn't want to talk about religions i simply asked if anyone was a christian then ppl started asking q's

well i'm off fot the night!!

fun talking with ya all!!
    Fogle

you said god and the bible has all teh answers, and i had a bunch of questions ot ask you rather then read hte book or call long distance.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

since it's not even worthy of a thread of it's own, what do you guys think of this movie?
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose? Does this not look like the biggest piece of crap movie to come along in a while?

I'm sure we all adult here (well, except the 13? haha..) and I'm sure we respect others' opinions, no?

So I'm gonna defend the poor kid.

Believing can't stand alone. It has to walk hand in hand with persevering . It has to face the test of time. And hardships.
    That is quoted from some writing.

So yeah, believe me, life as a Christian not as good as what other Christian claims! It's actually much more difficult than when you are not a Christian.

You all are logical being here, so take it like this.
    Consider those are your challenges, to be able to live in this 'not-perfect' world with a 'perfect' way (no lie, no killing, no stealing, whatnot).
    And while others can make money from doing a dirty business, we can't! now that's a challenge.
    I'm not saying unbeliever always do those dirty things either. I believe this is the first lesson in the Discrete Math I =P

Living a Christian life is much more difficult than a normal life...

So again, please don't believe when other Christian said "Be a believer, and you will be better off". Nope, you simply need to earn those.

hmmm...
    fogle, just shut up and go to bed. i'm sure school started for you by now, so you need a good night sleep. you're making a fool out of yourself and everyone else who claims to be a Christian. let someone who actually has a firm grasp of the Bible answer the questions.

btw, the hurricane hit new orleans becaues it's WEATHER. stuff like that happens on this little place called earth. don't build your house there next time. just like you're an idiot if you build a house in ttttooooorrrrnnnnnaaaaaddddoooo aaaalllllleeeeeyyy. or park a house there rather...

Allan Jardine
    Okay - I have a couple of questions (I've always wanted to ask a devout Christian these - and not get the answer "He moves in mysterious ways"...):

1. If Gad made the world and controls everything in it, then he must have set every single atom (sub-atom particles) moving to control every single think that ever happened. Like the fact that the paper blew off my desk two seconds ago must have been plan by him. Yes? Okay - assuming that, then why did he create the us in such a way that 'Adam' picked fruit from the forbidden tree.

2. Beyond the bible saying 'this book is the word of God' what proof of that do you actually have? And no your Mum telling you that it is doesn't count. If I were to write a book like that (humans wrote it) just now, I'd be locked away. But leave it for 1500 years and it become a worshipped book?

3. My girlfriend's best friend at school died of cancer. She was a wonderful person with not a bad thought in her. She was Christian up until the point when they said it was terminal. Why did God kill her?

A

Quote Originally Posted by theallan
    Okay - I have a couple of questions (I've always wanted to ask a devout Christian these - and not get the answer "He moves in mysterious ways"...):

1. If Gad made the world and controls everything in it, then he must have set every single atom (sub-atom particles) moving to control every single think that ever happened. Like the fact that the paper blew off my desk two seconds ago must have been plan by him. Yes? Okay - assuming that, then why did he create the us in such a way that 'Adam' picked fruit from the forbidden tree.

2. Beyond the bible saying 'this book is the word of God' what proof of that do you actually have? And no your Mum telling you that it is doesn't count. If I were to write a book like that (humans wrote it) just now, I'd be locked away. But leave it for 1500 years and it become a worshipped book?

3. My girlfriend's best friend at school died of cancer. She was a wonderful person with not a bad thought in her. She was Christian up until the point when they said it was terminal. Why did God kill her?

A

I'm not a devout Christian by any chance! But I'll answer anyway, or at least try...

I know some of you read "The prayer of Owen Meany" by John Irving right? If you haven't, get the book and read. It's a great book! Christian or not.

Basically Owen said this: “Coincidence was a stupid, shallow refuge sought by stupid, shallow people who were unable to accept the fact that their lives were shaped by a terrifying and awesome design”

Whether God is there or no, I believe that sentence very much. I don't stumbled to this site by a mere coincidence.

1. Supposedly God loves us so much, He even give us FREEDOM to do what we want. That's why Adam picked that apple. and supposedly He knew exactly what will happened, and he didn't kill the snake anyway to stop it being happened. He just gives us freedom. supposedly...

2. No, there is not a proof or whatsoever. And I believe ALL Christian will tell you "you need to have faith". I personally hate that kind of answer! hehe.
    But yeah, there is no proof. but why do we even need one?

I'm not sure whether you will understand the following, but i'll try anyway:
    Suppose some scientist make a great great discovery tomorrow, does that render 'the discovered' not exist before? No.
    We human just trying to reflect everything to our current understanding. Discovery just meant we FINALLY understand something, but it is always there all along.

I take it that proof is similar to discovery, so maybe you get the drift.

3. Supposedly! He will use her for a greater purpose. Maybe by her death she will serve greater things, which us cannot understand, especially you or whoever who is close to her. Why do you think everyone else care whether she lives or not? It's just you that see her death as a 'negative' things. For most people it's a 'neutral' things. and maybe for some it's a 'positive' things.
    Especially since she is a Christian! see my previous post of being a Christian. It is not a damn nice position!

Some of us actually believe this: the devil have a kind of list (like MTV top 20 or something). When you are a new Christian, you are fairly low in that list, or even not listed. When you started to grow and all, you'll become a 'threat' to them, and moved up the list. The higher you are on the list the more difficult your life can be!

Disclaimer: I don't try to convert anyone or anything! so please spare the flame =)
    And I believe you notice all the 'supposedly' that I use. That's on purpose.

On the side: Just wondering, If you know your baby (in the mom's womb, not born yet) will be born with a disease, say the down syndrome, will you still keep your child? or will you abort it?
    See, if your child lives, he/she will always behind in everything and might get all those 'stares' from other people.
    This just to serve my insatiable thirst on knowing what people's opinions are regarding the subject.

Registered pseudo intellectual
    why did [god] create the us in such a way that 'Adam' picked fruit from the forbidden tree
    What would be the point in life if there wasn't such a thing as free choice?

That are so cutes! haha. thanks for posting that!

I chuckled.

Oh how I wish I were them, innocent lil kids...

Edit: can I keep a copy of that?

Allan Jardine
    Quote Originally Posted by krona
    What would be the point in life if there wasn't such a thing as free choice?
    What's the point in life even with free choice? Personally I would go for understanding and knowledge. If that happens to contradict religion (of whatever kind) so be it.

luvenny - thank for much. That was a great post. I guess the fundamental thing I can't bring myself to do is believe in a book that was written by men a long time ago. Do you not think that if the bible was written today it would be quite different?

I do like the idea of the devil having a quota of people. I'd never heard that one before.

On the side: Just wondering, If you know your baby (in the mom's womb, not born yet) will be born with a disease, say the down syndrome, will you still keep your child? or will you abort it?
    If I were a Christian I would ask why God had done that to my child. However, in not, but I would still want the child to live. See my post in the thread about 'born without a face' - life is paramount.

Anyway - thanks for talking to me about this and not flaming me :-)

A

Quote Originally Posted by theallan
    If I were a Christian I would ask why God had done that to my child. However, in not, but I would still want the child to live. See my post in the thread about 'born without a face' - life is paramount.

Anyway - thanks for talking to me about this and not flaming me :-)

A
    No, I'm asking that not at Christian context.

It's just that some people will abort it just because they pity the child, and feel that abort it is the best for the kid.

I personally agree with you, the kid with down syndrome doesn't even know that he/she is different from others. It's just we normal human take our own measure and use it on him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by littleMatt
    That kid that looks both ways is the only sane one in the bunch.

cept that kid that told god he made the right choice about thee dinos, i spit my juice all over the place.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

every easter i walk around the house doing my best zombie impersonation, arms stretched out mumbling "son...of...god.....SON..OF...GOD". my catholic wife loves this. religion is for the sheep, the mindless. try some spirituallity...you have to work a little harder.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

not sure on that one but New Orleans was a sinful city (no offence) but voo doo was really big there and idk but that might be the reson i'm not positive i'll ask some ppl i know and see what the say and i might get back to u!! on that Q!!
    oh please, I'm sure the people of new orleans are really drawing a lot of comfort from your comments. But then if they question it I'll tell them that everyone who was killed, orphaned, made homeless or cripple practiced voodoo, so not to worry...

HAHAHAHA...ditto..

and liek N.O. was the only "sinfull" city..

Quote Originally Posted by nordberg
    every easter i walk around the house doing my best zombie impersonation, arms stretched out mumbling "son...of...god.....SON..OF...GOD".
    oh my. this has got to be the absolute funniest thing I've read this morning... and that's saying a lot.

puwhahahaha.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]