A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something is wrong with me!. I think

hey if my parents were rich i could buy a life too.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I went though a similar phase when I was about your age. Best advice is to just go out with your friends, travel, make new friends if you need to (I went as far as getting a new job where I knew people my age would be working, but I was living away from home at the time). It may take a while, but sooner or later it will pass.

As for gerbick's statement about "clicking" with more than one person, that's so dead on it's scary. And you'll meet the person that's right for you when you probably least expect it. Being on the same page at the same time is huge in a lasting, committed relationship. If you don't have that one thing in common, you could be the most compatable couple ever and it might never work out. The sooner you realize and accept this the easier it will be.

I'll just quote what gerbick told me in a similar thread of mine. It actually helps quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago... (un)luckily though, the next day my father went into the hospital and my attention was focused on that. well that and the nurse that I met in the ER.

She and I are now dating... my point is... find another chick, or hurt one of your friends... cute nurses are abound! But if you sit around and think about it - I got rid of my last girlfriend's house key, photos, panties that were left here, her lotion, her toothbrush, cleaned up the place so spotless to make sure I didn't find one of her hairs, went and sold off the DVD's she liked to watch, had my sofa professionally cleaned to avoid smelling her scent, bought a new bed, and had my car detailed.

I don't want to remember ****. She's gone. That's good enough for me...

but maaaaan, they be some ugly nurses too... there to shock you to good health I say.

The Observer
    Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21
    She is banging (can I say banging?) someone else. If you still want her back after that, sign up for therapy. If you are still pining for her for months gone by, get over yourself.

Good lord. Be happy for yourself, not b/c you want to prove something to someone else...
    thank you for making me cry!

The Observer
    ...Honestly I don't wanna even be dating any more after this one, I will just go ahead and go travelling for a while and hope that I get over cuz I have never felt so sad, depressed and just completely downhearted in my whole life..yeah Gerbs I know that you might be right but I have been down that path before and I was not confortable jumping from one branch to the next and now when I actually trully felt happy with someone that I put my own projects and life goals aside just so I can make her happy and this happend...no I can't trust again so I will just dedicate my time to things that I am good at and hope that I don't live long so I won't keep suffering...Sad I know

Dude, you have to love yourself before your capable of loving anyone else. Take some saltpeter or something else to get control of your hormones. Cause that's what's making you feel that way, as nature intended. Try thinking with your other head for a change. I know it's hard, but it can be done. Become a cynic till your over it.

The Observer
    Quote Originally Posted by iaskwhy
    Dude, you have to love yourself before your capable of loving anyone else. Take some saltpeter or something else to get control of your hormones. Cause that's what's making you feel that way, as nature intended. Try thinking with your other head for a change. I know it's hard, but it can be done. Become a cynic till your over it.

Dude this is not about sex, Im not that kinda guy, i am just trying ok

kjamx you sound alot like me. stop. you should sound more like gerbs.

you have that ideal in your head, that one girl that is perfect, you had her and now shes gone. its hard i understand, all the others will call you a loser, or talk about going out and having sex with multiple girls. thats not for everyone personally dont want to be a player. i want the girl of my dreams a white picket fence and my 2.5 kids and i want them now!
    Last edited by silverx2; 09-09-2005 at 02:06 PM.

The Observer
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    kjamx you sound alot like me. stop. you should sound more like gerbs.

you have that ideal in your head, that one girl that is perfect, you had her and now shes gone. its hard i understand, all the others will call you a loser, or talk about going out and having sex with multiple girls. thats not for everyone personally dont want to be a player. i want the girl of my dreams a white picket fence and my 2.5 kids and i want them now!
    that's exactly what I am talking about. I know that no one is perfect but she was for me, I mean we did everything together, we liked all the same things, when my father died a couple of years ago, she was the only person who was there for me for a long time, honestly I wanted to build my whole life around and for her and now is like all I hoped for and have faith in before is gone. No I don't wanna keep feeling like this, but what can I do when even sleeping I call out her name..hence the title of the thread "I think there is something wrong with me", it has been a while now and everyday I feel worse, I get to be ok sometimes and then all breaks down again..it feels like i am witnessing my soul being burned in front of me and I can't do anything but just cry like a litle boy with so much pain that some times I don't even wanna go outside...it is pathetic I know

i don't think its pathetic, your going to get laughed at and picked on by the lounge lizards to no end. once that's starts your only hope is to make a Really funny flashkid joke every day for the rest of your life.

There is also nothing wrong with you, its a simple side effect of something called true love. i hate tennis, i mean i find it completely horrific, but i will take an interest in it if the girl i like, likes it, and ill even become good enough so that when she wants to play i can at least give her some enjoyment out of our game.

What it all comes down to is she wants something else. i know the exact feeling you have right now, its like when you close your eyes you can see someone else on top of her, doing the things you used to do, someone else making her happy. She obviously still cares about you because she wouldn't answer your question on if she still loved you. but really the best thing you can do is just drop of the radar completely, change your routine a bit. if your a bitter person like me, when she comes around to seeing just how great you really are you will be able to throw her mistakes in her face, or if your nice you can take her back. its all up to you at this point. my advice is to just relax a bit, go for a walk in the wood find a clearing and just sit there and think about your life and how you can make it better for you.
    Last edited by silverx2; 09-09-2005 at 02:29 PM.

and if your going to cry do it all at once, don't have little break downs all they do is prolong the event. just lock your self in a room and have a big ol' entire night cry fest, you will feel better the next day because you will realize it wasn't worth it, and that your better then to let this get to you.
    Last edited by silverx2; 09-09-2005 at 02:30 PM.

holy crap silver! Amazing!

Barely any spelling errors!

(good advice too)

google toolbar has spell check!

The Observer
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    i dont think its pathetic, your going to get laughed at and picked on by the lounge lizzards to no end. once thats starts your only hope is to make a Really funny flashkid joke every day for the rest of your life.

There is also nothing wrong with you, its a simple side effect of something called true love. i hate tennis, i mean i find it completely horrific, but i will take an interest in it if the girl i like, likes it, and ill even become good enough so that when she wants to play i can at least give her some enjoyment out of our game.

What it all comes down to is she wants something else. i know the exact feeling you have right now, its like when you close your eyes you can see someone else on top of her, doing the things you used to do, someone else making her happy. She obviously still cares about you because she wouldnt answer your question on if she still loved you. but really the best thing you can do is just drop of the radar completely, change your routine a bit. if your a bitter person like me, when she comes around to seeing just how great you really are you will be able to throw her mistakes in her face, or if your nice you can take her back. its all upto you at this point. my advice is to just relax a bit, go for a walk in the wood find a clearing and just sit there and think about your life and how you can make it better for you.

Thanks man I know coming to the lounge will be at least conforting a bit. but just like you said I even clsoe my eyes and all the things that we shared and did and goofed around come back and it's like a rush of memories that most of the time I can't stop. I do walk around and go to places and chill and try to relax. I am doing other things now that hopefully will take my mind of it and do my best to just move on, and I am planning on going away for no less than 12 to 18 months overseas, but WOW it's just really hard as you know just hard to forget about it.

kjamx, just answer one question - to yourself, don't post it... If you were a social person before, why would you change yourself now? You sound like you want to crawl up in a fetal position and turn your back on society.

Some people that you hold close and dear are full of ****. That's an universal truth. And my "jumping from branch to branch"... I just live life. Something's there to grab onto or not, I'm still going to live regardless. No time to sit there and pity myself.

Just to make myself sound a bit more human though... I got hit with a terrible, life-altering truth once in my life... travelled the world for about 8 months. Would go from one country to another with no idea of what I was going to do when I got there... just running to find myself. I dug ditches, had an AK-47 pointed at me more than three times in different countries, would stay with locals that didn't know my language nor me theirs, got on planes that flew "low enough to avoid radar" to go from one country to another, slummed it with some friends in Germany, made my way around by hitchhiking, did odd and end jobs for enough money to go to the next country. For 8 months.

Guess what, I found out that all that running - despite seeing some awesome scenery, meeting some cool people, learning more about the world, and whatnot - I still had the problem to deal with when I came home.

And the week after that, I was on a date telling a new chick about all the stuff I had seen. And my problems were... "gone". My point... I didn't have to run, or change. I'm a social person by nature, I'm going to stick by what I know best. It's what got me that ******* of a chick in the first place.

I just have to change up my criteria... be more thorough in my conversations. And above all, make sure I stay true. Even if they might not.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

The Observer
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    kjamx, just answer one question - to yourself, don't post it... If you were a social person before, why would you change yourself now? You sound like you want to crawl up in a fetal position and turn your back on society.

Some people that you hold close and dear are full of ****. That's an universal truth. And my "jumping from branch to branch"... I just live life. Something's there to grab onto or not, I'm still going to live regardless. No time to sit there and pity myself.

Just to make myself sound a bit more human though... I got hit with a terrible, life-altering truth once in my life... travelled the world for about 8 months. Would go from one country to another with no idea of what I was going to do when I got there... just running to find myself. I dug ditches, had an AK-47 pointed at me more than three times in different countries, would stay with locals that didn't know my language nor me theirs, got on planes that flew "low enough to avoid radar" to go from one country to another, slummed it with some friends in Germany, made my way around by hitchhiking, did odd and end jobs for enough money to go to the next country. For 8 months.

Guess what, I found out that all that running - despite seeing some awesome scenery, meeting some cool people, learning more about the world, and whatnot - I still had the problem to deal with when I came home.

And the week after that, I was on a date telling a new chick about all the stuff I had seen. And my problems were... "gone". My point... I didn't have to run, or change. I'm a social person by nature, I'm going to stick by what I know best. It's what got me that ******* of a chick in the first place.

I just have to change up my criteria... be more thorough in my conversations. And above all, make sure I stay true. Even if they might not.
    Don't get it twisted Gerbs I completely understand and appreciate all you have said in this matter and I did feel that I was running away in the begining when I seen that she was with someone else not days after she broke up with me (yeah I actually saw her making out with her new guy while I was crying my way to my house; she didn't know I was there though.) after that whole experience I took off feeling like *&^%; I went to like 5 different states and in all of then, in every hotel I was crying and couln't get the picture out my head; and when I came back I realized "why was I running from" because nothing changed and yeah I do feel a bit better now, I mean I can feel myself making progress but every now and then it all comes back to me. BTW, I know you had some awesome experiences when you were gone for those 8 months; I hope I am lucky enough to see some nice and cool things myself. I am planning on going to Germany, Itally, UK, Brasil, and Egypt; still working on the schedule and buget but I feel it will be great for me...I hope.

"to yourself, don't post it..."

Failed to read that part no?
    hello.

Can I say something? OK, here goes;

WAAAA, WAAAAAA, waaa, wa, wa.

Somebody call the waaaaaaaahmbulance!
    hello.

Where's the damn unsubscribe button for this thread?