A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Newbie, Please help.

Newbie, Please help.

Hi, I am a newbie here and I am trying to get some help. I am trying to put together a short slide show compose of several pictures. The transition between each picture (frame) will vary and there should be a short time delay between each frame. I am evaluating KoolMoves for now and can not seem to be able to this. Can some one please help me.

Thanks.
    Vanbao

Make as many frames as there are pictures, then select the duration of the frame...Which is at the top of the screen on the toolbar, you select either seconds or tweens, select seconds for more precise time.

Put pictures on the frames of the movie. Done.

Or you can use the wizard.

I am not getting it.

Hi, Thanks for the quick response. I spent hours trying to make this simple slide show and some how it is not working. I must be missing something.

I am evaluating between this and FireStarter and I hope I can learn to use this program and end up buying it.

What I want to make is a slide show like this one. http://www.sheraton.com.vn/images/flash1.swf

I have a set of 5 pictures I want to use. What do I do.

This is what I have tried so far.

1. open a new movie.
    2. import the pic
    3. add a new blank frame,
    4. import the second pic,
    5. add the special affect for each pic using the motion script
    6. .... etc until I have added all five pics.
    7. play the movie.

Some how, this is not working. What am I doing wrong?
    Thank you so much.
    Vanbao

Vanbao, try the following:

1) If your frame duration is set to 0, adjust it for all frames (try 12 tweens for a movie speed of 16 - 24 frames per second and then see what works best for you after the effects are set up)
    2) Use fade/size instead of motion scripts, and leave the checkbox "Add frames if needed" checked. Adjust the number of frames after you see how the effects work, if necessary

Make sure all your key frames have the same tween setting initially; you can tweek this later. The navigation bar containing the frame duration button may be either at the top or bottom, depending on the preferences. The frame duration button looks like a small clock and is next to a box displaying the current setting (e.g., 12 tweens or 0.500 seconds).

Peter
    Last edited by pherbrick; 09-08-2005 at 07:04 PM.

Slideshow

Vanbao, go to the wizard, go to the left hand side of the top tool bar,click on the drop box, "banner/slideshow"-click the slideshow and follw the instructions,after you can go to effects press "motion"-choose the chosen form that you desire.

I tried the wizare but there is only one type of transition (fadein/fadeout). In the full version, are there more?

Thank you everyone for your help.

Vanbao

wizards

in the full version there are over 60 effects just for the "motionscipt", there are several others from the "fade/spin". as for the other software your thinking about im unable to comment, however im too a newbie and though there is a lot to learn-the most is relatively simple.

good luck.
    Nigella.

A small Demo-fourseasons

Hi, Ive done a small demo to show you.

http://www.geocities.com/nigellaart/fourseasons.swf

regards,
    Nigel.

I know it sounds easy but if you spend some time in understanding the program and read the manuals and the examples found at the koolmoves site you can do really nice things with koolmoves. It is worth buying.

greetings Rob

Nigella... That is most certainly a very complete example of movement on a screen lol. I'm suffering from motion sickness.
    One tip if I may be so bold.
    Do you remember when "Compuserve" Animated GIF files first came out and every web page looked like Monty Pythons Flying Circus on speed?. Please don't make the same mistake. If you use flash properly it is smooth, KoolM and very sexy. But it can also be like a military barrage to the eye if used in a crass way. Although this has little to do with KM. it does have a lot to do with general web design. Be limited in the use of acrobatics because once you have seen one double back flip you've seen them all. Generally people visit a web site to (A) get information or (B) to buy something or contract a service. Too much movement and will only distract from what you are trying to sell or offer and you will lose customers/visitors because of that. Basically. DON'T use it just because it is there,,, only when you need it. I realise it was only an example but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    humanus somes est divinitus in ipsum
    Wiliiam Wallace

gusmus

Thank you for your comments, however just as you said-its simply an example of what different kinds of "motion" there is to be done, and one from a newbie myself.

I have no plans to sell/provide/inform in any way for the moment-but when i do decide and if i decide i will consider your comments welcomly.

reagrds,
    Nigel.

Actually it's really nice that you have got into the spirit of helping others to get to grips with the program.. we really need a lot more of that ,,,, Cheers.
    humanus somes est divinitus in ipsum
    Wiliiam Wallace

Gusmus

Your welcome, we all need help, if i can help i will.

Nigel.

Thank you all for your help. I played around with KM over the weekend and finally got a hold of it. I like it a lot and am planning to buy it. I am curious however, it I can install on two computers (desk top and a laptop) with one registration. I hope I can as I work on both computers.

Thanks again everyone. You all are awesome!!!!!

Vanbao

Super Moderator
    In general, you need to email me about registration issues. I am not a stickler for a situation such as yours so it is OK to use on desk top and laptop with one registration.

Thanks Bob.

I downloaded KM and it is working great. I have a quick question about the library.exe file. When that file is downloaded and installed, do all its content get incorporated into KM. In other word, when I open up the KM application itself, are the stuff in the library.exe available in KM for used.

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    You have to double-click on libraries.exe to expand its folders into the koolmoves folder.