A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: outdated tutorials

outdated tutorials

don't you think it is about time to clean up your tutorials? there's a lot of totally outdated actionscript there. also it would be nice if the turorials would be more organized and searchable (though this might just be me being clumsy).

don't you think it would be helpful if you posted the links to the ones that are outdated

hah, you want ME to do all the work!

That’s why we call it a community. Everyone pitches in to keep it going. If you see something that isn’t right, just post it here so that I or someone else can fix it.
    Thanks for helping!

i dont mind helping

well here's one. i wouldn't mind replacing it with something better, if you tell me how to go about it
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ma...r-41/index.php

You can submit a new tutorial or a review here: http://www.flashkit.com/cgi-bin/tutorials/add.cgi

Thanks!

Avoiding the real world. NeedleInMySpine's Avatar
    Sorry if this is a little off topic but I have a tutorial I wrote with pictures and every thing but I just have it as a word .doc file right now to post should i convert it to HTML and how to i make my tutorial have more than one page? Is it looked at by a moderator before posting?
    Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.

Hey planet. I don't seem to be able to submit a tutorial. I tried several times so chances are you have 3 of them now All I get is a blank page after submitting. No confirmation in my mailbox, nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by NeedleInMySpine
    Sorry if this is a little off topic but I have a tutorial I wrote with pictures and every thing but I just have it as a word .doc file right now to post should i convert it to HTML and how to i make my tutorial have more than one page? Is it looked at by a moderator before posting?
    This link explains the code: http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/tute_blank.php
    This is the submission link: http://www.flashkit.com/cgi-bin/tutorials/add.cgi
    and this is the main submission page: http://www.flashkit.com/submissions/

Hope it helps and I look forward to seeing your tutorial

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mattcow
    Hey planet. I don't seem to be able to submit a tutorial. I tried several times so chances are you have 3 of them now All I get is a blank page after submitting. No confirmation in my mailbox, nothing...
    Please email me the info and I will check it out and let you know.

Thank you.

Ok Planet, I sent all the info to webmaster@flashkit.com (since you don't want to receive private emails). I hope you can figure out how to put this up (if you think my tutorial is of any use).

thanks, matt

Quote Originally Posted by mattcow
    Ok Planet, I sent all the info to webmaster@flashkit.com (since you don't want to receive private emails).
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. I recieve "private" emails. My email address is listed in my profile which is mhoughton @ jupitermedia . com. Both addresses come to me so it really doesnt matter which one you use but thank you. I will check it out and see what I can do to get it up there.

Also, I did just recieve your email. Thanks again!

oh darn, i clicked on the 'send a message via email to Planet' link. :S

Hey Planet. Thanks for putting up my tutorial. Just had a short look at it and there's a couple of things wrong with it:
    1) the code will not print properly (half of it is missing), probably because the < character is misinterpreted as HTML.
    2) the sample movie will not load
    3) the zip i sent you should be downloadable

please tell me how i can be of help to fix these issues

mattcow, the edit feature for previously submitted resources is not working at the moment. It should be accessed via the resource "Comments " link listed on each resource. I have some developers working on this issue that was caused when we upgraded the boards to vBulletin 3 however, apparently its not a huge priority at the moment so in the meantime, I have to do it.
    I will look at it over the weekend and try to get it fixed up for you.

Thanks for the submission and sorry for the delay!

Planet, thanks for all the good work. I think someone should have a word with your developers though - or whoever's in charge of what's a prio and what's not. FlashKit is leaving me and probably some others here with their trousers down. I suggest you remove my tutorial if this can't be fixed. Thanks again, I know it's not your fault.