A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: web site in two languages

Question

I'm making a flash movie(with a few scenes) for a web site.I want this site to be in Spanish and English.How can I do this?.Do I have to do the same scene in two different languages,or there is a easier and better solution?.
    Thank's.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Design the site so all the text is loaded as a text based documet variable. Meaning that the text field is loaded from an external txt document on the server. This way you only have to create the site once put it into seperate folders and name the txt documents the same just with english in on and spanish in the other. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Question

Now I can see more or less what I have to do.I'm a beginner,could you please explain me with more details the steps that I have to follow to do it.
    Thank you very much,Mario.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Check out the fla on how to load text from an external file in the movie section. This will give you the basic concept of how to get your text into the flash file. Regard, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.