A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Best US phone at the moment.

Hybrid View

Best US phone at the moment.

Hey all you mobile guys,

I'm going to buy a new phone and I want to get the best phone/ppc for Flash available.

What should I get?

Hi

I would think the Nokia 6680 would be a good bet for the top spot. According to this list it is available in the US. (Unfortunately I could only afford the 6260 myself :-) ). Dunno if the Nokia N90/N91 will be available in the US - but when they come out they surely will take the top spot IMO.

cheers
    idi

Nokia N90's already out. Get an import version if you want that. Definately not the best phone for Flash stuff though. And N91's been postponed to first quarter next year...so no not that either.

6680 does look like the best bet, maybe thats why they're using it as the base model for all Flash for Mobile Devices adverts too? I'd say however wait for the new Sony Ericsson P950...they say it runs on Symbian. If it does, you cant get any better than that phone

So I purchased the Samsung i730, sweet device - but I can't get the Flash Player 6 for PPC to install - so I'm thinking about returning the phone (I have 15 days). The only reason I got it was to play around with some Flash content, but it looks like there's no support at the moment.

There is a serious lack of information about installing the Flash player on this device, I've downloaded the .exe from Macromedia - but the device tells me that it is not a file format that it recognizes when I try to execute the plugin installer.

Anyone have more info on this? Hopefully I'm doing something wrong. It's running MS 2003 mobile.

I can't believe how long it took me to find this info, so I'll share it here... I'll chalk it up to being a Mac guy and being totally windows ignorant.

Anyways, in order to install the Flash Player for Pocket PC on the Samsung i730 with Windows mobile 2003 you must first download it to your desktop machine then install it on the device with Active Sync.

Now to dig out the PC machine and get that up to date - I put it away very dirty, so I guess it's time for a clean install.

Hope someone finds this helpful.