A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Error importing File: WHY?

An error has occurred attempting to import the specified file. This error is most commonly caused by attempting to import a file that does not contain outline or filled shapes."
    Why? My shapes file is a simple shape, filled and stroked. I've attempted to import various file formats, diff. shapes, diff. properties, and the same message appears every single time.
    Did I waste my money? I bought this to create a 3d version of a simple logo for Flash. Now What?

i have the exact same problem, i hope i didn't waste my money either.

I have the same problem too!

What type of file is it - program, version, etc

i was looking through the boards and i think the problem lies with adobe illustrator 9. they changed the file format so you should save it as an illustrator 8 file.

i have the same problem when i try to import an illustrator8 file, the program just crashes! I don't even get an error message!!!

this sucks! I love this program, is there a patch or something, jeez.

I think the problem is when you try to import some image that dont have a transparent background or when you try to import some image that got a lot of colours or tight line.

Or you are saving your picture whit a invalid EPS format. Post script are generaly made for small picture like logo or text.

If you still have the same problem after having try some combinaison maybe you should go whit Freehand, who I think is easier.

HAve a nice day and fun.

FIXED IT

Go to erain.com and download the fix/update/whatever you want to call the version that actually works. I can import eps images now, color 'em (since you can't actually put a "real" texture in Swift [yet?]), animate 'em, and even export. You can get there quickly by click on the help/Swift 3d customer only site.
    Good luck to all of you.

i'm running into the same problem! i was trying for like 2 hours lastnite trying to make a simple logo and then saving it as an eps using adobe photoshop 5.5. what am i doing wrong? photoshop asks too many questions on how i want to save it. in the save window dialog box do i check "use lower case ext"? also do i check "exlude non-image data"?

now for my eps saving options it asks me if i want to preview it in, tiff 1 pixels or tiff 8 pixel? it also ask me what do i want to encode it under "ascii", "binary" or "jpeg"

even more question it ask when i want to save this eps file.
    do i check "include halftone screen"? it also ask "include transfer function"? and last it asks "postscript color mamagement"?

can some please tell me how do can i make a simple logo for example a ball and being able to send it in a simple form so i can import it into swift.

when i import others eps files that i have made it looks up the computer trying to open it.

please help!

thank you

Wow, there are a lot of people trying to import raster images. You can't do it !!!!!

To test your importer, try drawing a circle in Flash and export as an eps file. If it works, the problem is in the fact that you are trying to import raster eps files. You must create them in a vector based program or convert them to vector before importing.

Let me know if this solves all of your problems

Thanks

Thanks alot DK!!!!

I was having trouble to make a logo in Coreldraw, then exporting it to an eps file. Then I tried making it in flash and it worked.

Thanks again, saved me alot of time!

EDIT >>> Take a look at http://www.xs4all.nl/~uwsite/thz/
    You can see my logo there, first made it in Flash, then offcourse in Swift3D.

I love this program!

Greetz.

[Edited by Dutch webdesign guy on 12-17-2000 at 08:40 PM]

Excellent! I'm glad I could help