dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Library palette finally stays put - NOT!

Library palette finally stays put - NOT!

Hi all

One of the much publicized "features" of S8 was supposed to be that at long last the Library palette (among others) would stay where it was left. This is not true on my dual monitor-system (WinXP). Does anyone else have a similar experience? Although this feature wasn't a show-stopper for me it was something I was looking forward to...

cheers
    idi

I have heard on the grapevine that there are some issues with dual monitors, like resetting panels etc. And that is a concern to me. I find dual monitors essential for increased productivity and sanity! Unfortunately my other monitor was dropped in a freak accident so I can't test it out (my girlfriend said she wasn't to blame and infact it should have been me cleaning my desk! It's like that time she vacuumed THE INSIDE of my computer and told me I should thank her whilst my computer made strange beeps when i turned it on!!!).

I would definitely like to hear from other people and see if it is a widespread problem. (about dual monitors that is, the female problem is already well documented).
    www.lexicon-design.co.uk
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?
    If Vegetarians like animals so much, why do they eat all their food?

Developer
    I have not had any issues with the library panel not saying put with my 2 or 3 monitor setups, desktop or laptop.

cool, good to hear!
    www.lexicon-design.co.uk
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?
    If Vegetarians like animals so much, why do they eat all their food?

I've had issues with the library panel (on the far right of my screen) swapping sides with the colour panels (which are 1 panel in to the left) when I select my saved workspace layout. Here's a piccy to illustrate:

my flash setup

I am running a 3 screen setup (two traditional screens and a third using maxivista)

I think the panel implementation has improved from MX 2004, it's just not flawless yet.
    My world is made up of 1's and 0's, so how come I keep finding 2's?