A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Domain appraisal; Please comment

Insomnia

Domain appraisal; Please comment

I have a domain up for sale and I been getting offers on it, the domain is http://www.workportfolio.biz I had 2 companies that do appraisal give me a quote and they both varied in quotation; I’m posting it here hoping some of the experienced users would tell me what they think the domain is worth? what would you estimate?

Thank you.

Insomnia
    Anyone?

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    I buy and sell domains and those domain appraisals don't mean anything.
    All domains have a variable value.
    The value is directly proportional to how badly the buyer wants it.
    You can go check out http://www.dnforum.com which is to domain selling as Flaskit is to Flash.
    You can get a community appraisal by your peers who are domain resellers and you can put it up for bids.
    Of course the value of your domain to a reseller is going to be much lower than the value to an enduser who really wants to use it for their business.
    Shame it's not a dotcom or a dotnet... that would be worth a lot more.
    With a dotbiz extension it wouldn't be worth more than $100-130 to me if I was interested.
    If I had to make a guess I'd say you could probably get a bid up to $250-300 from the right reseller and anywhere from $300-600 from the right enduser but there's really no way to know in advance.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Loyal Rogue; 09-20-2005 at 04:07 PM.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

I agree with Loyal Rogue. Unless you happen to find an end-user who really wants the domain badly you are unlikely to get much more than what you paid for it. Especially since it is not .COM.

Insomnia
    I will tell you this, and based on what you (and others elsewhere) told me, the cost i could get between all people that provided feedback was up to $1200... However, like you said, it depends no how much someones is willing to pay for the domain and how bad they want it, one of the offers i got, i guess they want it bad because they offered me over $8500 CDN and i decided not to sell it!

Nonetheless, thank you both for your feedback, i shall signup with the site you mentioned and see what others think..

I urge you to try and sell it to that $8500 CDN. When .biz first appeared the domain names disapeared very quickly. The problem was real people and companies weren't buying them, other domain selling agencies were. The thought was .biz would be the second comming of the .com, it didn't happen.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and every now and again someone really wants a name, and is willing to pay. It looks like you were lucky enough to find the someone, finding two is usually impossible. Sell now if you still can.

jeebus yeah, take that 8 grand and run man...
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalFlashDavo
    jeebus yeah, take that 8 grand and run man...
    I concur!

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Well?... we're all waiting to know.
    Did you take up that sucker on his 8K offer or do you still own the domain?
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Yes I am curious to know too. If you get that 8K, you may buy your fellow FKers some beers!

ask me ...

bugzonline

what about domain www.bugzonline.com - I received this domain as a gift and not sure what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWUSER101 View Post
    I have a domain up for sale and I been getting offers on it, the domain is http://www.workportfolio.biz I had 2 companies that do appraisal give me a quote and they both varied in quotation; I’m posting it here hoping some of the experienced users would tell me what they think the domain is worth? what would you estimate?

Thank you.
    you can visit this site to appraise the domains. zippozap.com