A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Click-drag-Image in SWF

Click-drag-Image in SWF

Greetings,

Does anyone know of a tutorial or know how to load, say a 600 x 600 image into a 200 x 200 SWF and be able to click and drag to move the image around to see other parts? How about a scaling feature so the image could be reduced or enlarged?

Maya * ActionScript Addict DangerAhead's Avatar
    yep. there's a lot of those in the MOVIES section of this site. do a search there.
    Geordie Martinez
    www.citizenparanoid.com | email

Thanks, I'll do that.

Click drag MC

Just use _xscale and _yscale to scale the image.............To drag the image around you need to create an empty movie clip and load the image into that. On the empty movie clip you should use something like this
    on (Press){
    startDrag(this, false, x1,y1, x2, y2);//replace variables with your coordinates
    }

Try using the MoviceClipLoader to load the image, it should give you a little more control.........Good Luck.

Eureka! I found something but I need help in adapting it. Here is a link to what my goal is:

Home Shopping Network Example When you get there, click on the photo of the necklace and check out the window that opens.

I haven't had much luck in the "MOVIES" section, mostly I'm stumbiling trying to find it.

Help