A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .PNG problem

.PNG problem

ive got a .PNG file but i cant get any thing to open it, photoshop says it cant parse the file, IE says its broken or damaged.
    the PNG should be good its comming from a game i have that works fine, is it possible the PNG has a copyright protection on it?
    it's the spinning red No 2 icon in battelfield2

What do you mean by "spinning red no.2" ?

PNG's are not animated. They are loseless quality file format. Animated gifs are those files that has animation built in.

PNGs can be animated just if they are used as many PNG files inside one sequence...

Cheers !
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

the "spinning red No2" is an icon in BF2 game that im trying to get.

in the EA folder that contains the game i can only find mod_icon.png, there isnt a .gif of this icon anywhere in the folders, so im guessing the mod_icon.png is the one im looking for.

Well maybe some other PNGs are hidden or something, but there is no chance to make PNG animated file like gif animated file (animation inside just one file). It can be achieved by using many PNG files inside the sequence... let's say, 25 PNG files rolling in circles, but you have to have all those PNG files, each one for each spinning position.

I wish I can help you more, but unfortunatelly... Maybe if I have that in front of me and try to check everything.

Cheers !
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

Confident, I think
    a .png file could be used for an animation. every frame of the animation could be placed on one large frame and the small frame could be referenced from the larger file. (ex. frame1 is 0,0,64,64 and frame 2 is 64,0,128,64 and so on.)
    I have made video game sprites this way before. I am not certain why it does not open for you. Can Irfanview open the file? I use that free viewer all the time. You can get it at www.irfanview.com. Sorry I can't help you more.
    Last edited by mutantcel; 09-24-2005 at 10:33 AM. Reason: My x.y coords were in accurate.
    Jay A Young - Owner
    Mutant Cel
    productions

jay@mutantcel.com
    www.mutantcel.com

as it turns out when i put the .png files into irfanview ( thanks for the link by the way mutantcel) it says its incorectly named, its actualy a .DDS file, now ive changed the file name to .DDS and it opens fine.
    so ive got one of them which looks like the icon but its static, can .DDS files have animation?

ok forget the .DDS file that wasnt it.
    ive found the icon i open it in ifranview but it dosent show, it says theres 18 images but i cant see any of them or it dosent play.
    how do i get this to play?