A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Resizing Imported Flash Movie

Resizing Imported Flash Movie

Hi people, I have a problem.

I made a short .exe presentation, that is 800x600 in size, it has music synchronized with the animation throughout the presentation.
    The problem is, when I make the presentation window fullscreen, and then I play it, the music isn't synchronized anymore with the graphics (animation becomes laggy). And I think it's because of my graphics card.

Then I thought of an idea of making the animation smaller without sacrificing the option of the presentation being fullscreen (it needs to be fullscreen). By making the animation itself smaller, with a thick black border. In this case, it will be "full screen", at the same time the music will still be synchronized with the animation.

But how can I make the animation itself smaller? When I try to publish the animation as .swf, then try to import it in another presentation with the thick black border, the imported movie file becomes buggy (there's no music; some symbols are missing; unable to resize the imported .sfw file; and others). Is there another way to solve this problem?

You can set your movie to not scale when resizing the window, allowing you to go fullscreen without changing the actual animation size (you'll just get a bigger border on larger monitors).

Place this code on the first frame of your movie...

Stage.scaleMode = "noScale";
    www.lexicon-design.co.uk
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?
    If Vegetarians like animals so much, why do they eat all their food?

nice! very nice! it worked! thanks alot man!