A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash navbar btns go to my html pgs..

flash navbar btns go to my html pgs..

Having problems scripting with action script my navbar I created in flash mx 2004. I want these four btns I made in a navbar to link to each page with the same navbar. I put on (release){ getURL("main.htm"_blank) ;}... This doesn't open any windows. ANd the swf file is in the same folder Dreamweaver as the main.htm file. Each btn has a page scripted ie "main", "contact", etc... help...

Mike

To use the swf as your nav on each html page, do what you did except leave out the "_blank". So your code would look like this:
    on (release){
    getURL("main.htm");
    }

When you use the part that says "_blank", you are telling the browser to open the contents in a new window.
    If your html pages are all in the same directory together, the example I wrote should work for all of them.

Understand. So, for each page ie "main", "contact", htm page so each would open seperately upon click; I would just:

on (release) on (release){
    getURL("main.htm"); getURL("contact.htm");
    } }

If you want each page to open in its own browser window, keep the "_blank" part in your code.
    If you want to use only one browser window but change the contents of the window for each button click, leave out the "_blank."

_blank means "open a blank browser window."