A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with Outlook Express and getURL

Problems with Outlook Express and getURL

Can anybody help me? I am making a Multimedia Disk in Flash MX, so I want to send an email via outlook express. I am using getURL to do the job but it takes only the email data not the subject and the body data!

This is the code:

getURL("mailto:correo@stelladigital.com?subject=su bjectinfo&body=bodysomething");

It only works on Microsoft Outlook but NOT in Outlook Express!! Please help me!

getURL and flash have nothing to do with this. the mailto protocol opens the client's default mail program, as specified by the user before long before they clicked your link, if they allow it. if they've picked yahoo to be their default mail program, that's what it will open. if they havent picked one or disallowed it, it wont do anything. it seems like it's connected to the outlooks but that's only because that's how it comes after factory install since ms likes their own products

You are right, but when I develop the multimedia I had the microsoft outlook as my email client and it works fine!, but when I tried to used with a friend of mine (who has Outlook express as the default email client) it didn't work, so I checked changing the email default client on my machine (switching from Microsoft Outlook to Outlook Express) and it didnt work either! As a matter of fact I check the code on a new fla and it only work for Microsoft Outlook, Any sugestions? Thanxs!