A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: call certain frame by "get url" function

call certain frame by "get url" function

hello

im using flash 6, last time i posted a question asking if it was possible to get a certain html file with a flash button within a frame on the same page where the button is, i was answered that i needed this code for the action "get url"

on (press) {
    getURL("fileontheframe.htm", "nameoftheframe");
    }

and it worked very good, now i was wondering if there is around a similar code to get a new html page replacing the current one on the same window (like when using _blank) but the thing is thas this new html page will have a frame and what i want to do is to define the html file that will be on that frame as well using an action defined by the flash button.

I hope this doesnt sound so weird or difficult to understand, if somebody knows either how to do it or if its possible or not, i will thank you so much.

Thanks in advance.

You can of course call a frameset with the right html file in the right frame...
    If you want to call a frameset and specify what page has to be loaded in a certain frame you maybe able to do this in javascript. That is possible in html but I wouldn't know how to do this from flash.
    HTH, Danielle.

Hello, thanks for your response, well i need this code precisely for flash, but if you say there is one in javascript i guess there must be one for flash as well, i hope somedoy here knows about it and do me the favor to let me know.

Thanks.

well, i start thinking its not posible, i tried in different ways and no result, please if somebody knows something about it let me know.

thanks