dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Filters on Video - SWEET

Filters on Video - SWEET

Discovered last night that if you put a video clip inside a movieClip you can then assign filter effects to the clip. Most interesting (and possibly useful) was the blur and color.

Then to make things even sweeter, you can TWEEN your filter settings through the timeline.

Doesn't get easier than that! Thanks Macromedia!

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Nice find.....thanks for sharing.

Did you do this with a FLV? if so how did you tween the effect, on the first frame on the timeline. Wondering if you could do the last frames of the FlV?

Put the video inside a movieclip. It can be FLV or MOV. I did it so it was embedded inside the clip. I don't know if an externally linked file would work or not.

Then for the tween, you do it in the main timeline, not inside the movieclip. So basically it's a tween like you would with any other kind of movieclip or graphic clip tweening.

Just put the filter on the clip. Create a keyframe. Set the filter settings. Then later in the timeline, create another keyframe. Set the filter settings so they are different. Dont forget to turn on motion tween on that first keyframe.

Now play the movie.

Externaly linked FLV works.

How about an example fla? Leave out the flv.

Sample FLA for filter

Sample FLA for filter technique for applying to flv external load.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks. I must have been thinking about alpha channel. I know about the tweening drop shadows, and was really grateful to learn you could do them on the timeline and didn't have to use code.

Still trying to figure out the alpha channel for a flv tho.

Alpha Channel

So you must shoot the video on a green screen than use a editing package- FCP- or the like- After effects to chroma key out the background- and create a alpha channel, resave the video again as a Quicktime with Alpha and use the Flash video 8 encoder to use the alpha to make a flv that has a transparent background..so it can composite against the background in the Flash environment...There is alot of video techinqe to get good key then software technique to save alpha with the video for import to the Flash encoder.

See....http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/fla...l?promoid=CABI

Great link, thanks.

Here's something anyone not working for a big design house may be interested in. an affordable video editing program. $60. I bought this last year, and it's paid for itself many times over, easy peasy to use, and damn me if it don't work real fine. I've even imported mov and avi to it of over 8Gb. It does green screen inside it, but also blue, white and black screen, and does it flawlessly. I'm truly amazed what this program can do for only $60. Here's an article link about it. You can link to the company from there.

http://www.videomaker.com/scripts/article.cfm?id=11350

Actionscript 3, postproduction georgecalgary's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iaskwhy
    Great link, thanks.
    Here's something anyone not working for a big design house may be interested in. an affordable video editing program. $60. I bought this last year, and it's paid for itself many times over, easy peasy to use, and damn me if it don't work real fine. I've even imported mov and avi to it of over 8Gb. It does green screen inside it, but also blue, white and black screen, and does it flawlessly. I'm truly amazed what this program can do for only $60. Here's an article link about it. You can link to the company from there.
    http://www.videomaker.com/scripts/article.cfm?id=11350
    But seems there's no keying filter included. For alpha channel is not because of a 'green' or 'blue' screen, it requires keying. After effect have it, but sometime it also better to buy some external keying plugin even Adobe AE, of coz extra money have to pay.

Actually, it has all kinds of filters and tools to affect the alpha channel of a video. They probably aren't explained well on the website, but they are there. I know you can go from color to B+W by dragging an effect tool to the video, and then you can edit the options for it.

What I like about this program is it's cheap, and it has 16 layers in the timeline. and it works.

Did I mention, it's cheap?

BTW, it also has a full sound editor in it where you can extract sounds from other formats and save them as mp3.

No, this isn't the tool for a fancy big money design house, but there are more ant people out here than those who work for 2A.

Actionscript 3, postproduction georgecalgary's Avatar
    ah yes, so it's nice really. Thanks a lot.

I don't have the time today, but soon, I'll whip up a small video and add some effects that come with the program as an example, and put it online. I'll post back when it's ready.

OK, I couldn't resist.

Here's a quick and dirty movie I whipped up in a few minutes. This started as a wmv, imported to Magix, filter effects added, only 3 or 4 of 40 or 50 or so, each with dozens of control sets of their own. I exported as an uncompressed avi, ran it through the video encoder and loaded it to a video component. As you can see, I didn't waste any time cleaning it up, but I could have, with more time. This is just to show some of the effects.

The flv is about 5Mb.

http://www.learningflashmx.com/trail...tsexample.html