A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: htmlText

htmlText

HTML Code:
    title_txt.htmlText="<font color=’#FF0000’>hello world</font>"
    Why wont this work. I have my textfiled on the stage and the buttons html text is selected in the property panel

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Is the instance name of your text box title_text or your variable name...It should be your instance name.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

its my instance name.

What happens to the text box or in the ouput window when that script is executed? Anything?
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Hi,

I copied the html code and put it into a one frame movie to try it, and it didn't work. I knew it looked like it should work so I tried a couple of simple things. When I deleted the single quotes around the RGB code and retyped them, it worked.

Why...I don't know,
    Debbie

It could be because those aren't normal single quotes....where did you get those at. Yours look like: and they should look like: '
    Jason L. Wright