A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: drag over

drag over

i have a movie clip that i am dragging to a "drop area" and when i enter a possible drop area i want a movie clip to appear. it works if i just click and drag over the possible area but if i click on the draggable movie clip and drag it over the possible drop area, the movie clip doesn't appear.

make sense? i nkows it is pretty wordy...

any help would be appreciated

what is it you want to do..I dont understanf the difference between your: "it works if i just click and drag over the possible area but if i click on the draggable movie clip and drag it over the possible drop area"

so you drag a clip on the stage..if it touches another "area"..you want to start/how another movie clip?

Is that it?

yes - i have a learning game and the kids are dragging an object (like an apple etc) to a box with a letter on it. i want when the apple is over any of the 3 boxes for an arrow animation showing them they are in the drop area. if i drag over the area without anything in my mouse hand it works, but if i have the apple in my mouse and drag over the area - the movieclip arrow animaton does not work...