A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how did they do this?

how did they do this?

how did they acheive this nice intro:
    http://www.mcuiccio.com/

I know this must be very simple, but how was this acheived...with faded in movie loads at a certain point, or with masking?
    It happens too quicly for me to break it down visually....can anyone help?

thanks in advnce

i'd say mc with alot of fades and tweens(but i could be wrong) you should try to make one yourself and see what works best and smoothest!(just a thought!)
    Fogle

thanks...i'll try
    i was hoping someone with better observatio than me could figure out what was actually happening...tye sequence of what is fading in and being masked when....i cant catch what's happening...its too fst.

thanks agin
    What is essential is invisible to
    the eye

lol, it is pretty fast! :P
    Fogle

Flasher
    Looks like a mask, although with some darkness tweening and fading in there, but no actual alpha fading (the image is there the whole time). I don't know why, but it seems like a no-brainer it's a mask.

Hi,
    i agree...it seems it should be a simple answer...i thought it was two rectangle masks tweening in (movement and alpha) from the two corners and then overlapping....but i havent figured it out yet...plus i cant get two masks (rectangle graphics) to fade in alpha (only in movement)....and i cant get them to overlap....maybe im doing it completely wrong.....

the eye

Flasher
    Check some tutorials. Just so you know, you can use MC's as masks. You should be able to alpha it that way.

hi...thanks fo rthe tip...i managed to tween the mask regarding movement by turning it into an mc, but still no alpha tween working at the same time.........

i managed to watch the original one slowly by holding my mouse on the brower window resize corner to slow it down...which helps...but i still havent figured out exactly how they achieved what they did.

it seems that first of all its two rectangular masks cming in from opposite corners...with lpha tweens...but then i cant figure out whats happening when the masks overlap...

its so frustrating...wish i knew
    the eye