dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Path to a movie clip pop-up window?

Path to a movie clip pop-up window?

Here is my problem. In my Flash project I am using Forms/screens and I have made a Pop- up window in shape of a movie clip using the Window Class:

var game:MovieClip =
    mx.managers.PopUpManager.createPopUp(_root, mx.containers.Window, false, {title:table.getName(), closeButton:true, contentPath:"gamePage"});

When the movie clip is not on the scene (it is in the library until it pop up) I can not give it an instance name (or can I?). My question is: what will the path be to the pop up window? Lets pretend I want to manipulate the movie clip with a button that is not within the pop up window itself.

For example I have tried the following:

on (release){
    _root.application.thegame.gamePage.play();
    }

In this case I have desperatly tried "gamePage" that is the content path to the pop up movie clip and "thegame" that is the name of the screen where it does pop up. But of course it does not work.

Can anyone help me out, what will the correct path be to a pop up window movie clip that pop up from the library so to speak? Since I can not give the movie clip an instance, I do not know how to manipulate it.

have you tried right clicking the movieclip in the library - go to linkeage, then check export for actionscript and give it an identifier - target the identifier and see if that helps
    G

Well, the movie clip that is about to pop up from the library already have an identifier. And in this case the identifier is the same(same name) as the movie clip "content path" (gamePage). So one can say that I have already tried that. But thanks anyway. This sure seems to be a delicate dilemma. I am more than thankful for all suggestions.