dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: can I load a movie (specified in xml doc) on top of currently playing movie

can I load a movie (specified in xml doc) on top of currently playing movie

I am tring to stramline my news section.. this xml works fine but opens the photos.swf in window and REPLACES the main movie- anybody know how to have the photos.swf appear TOP of current movie in same window?
    PHP Code:
    <mynews date="December 2004" name="News Title"><![CDATA[my news story here<font color="#0066FF"><a href="photos.swf ><br><br>View Photos </a></font>]]></ mynews> 
    fyi - previously before I moved all data to XML
    I had a button in the flash file
    PHP Code:
    on (release) {

loadMovieNum("oprah2.swf"25);

But I wanted to have it so I could add info to the xml doc without having to change the .fla each time. So I need to get the same effect but through XML.

thanks for help,

PG
    Last edited by tupps; 10-13-2005 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Added code tags around the code so that the xml was visible

I believe that links in a dynamic text box will always be sent to the browser. If you make the link:

PHP Code:
    <a href="asfunction:myfunction,photos.swf">Photos</a
    When somebody clicks on the link the function myfunction will be called and "photos.swf" (the string) will be passed in as a parameter. It is up to you to then load the correct movie into your movie clip.

Thanks

Luke
    Flash-XML FAQ
    http://www.tupps.com/flash/faq/