dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: page flipping effect?

flash addict

page flipping effect?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to do this page flipping effect in Flash? for an example, please go here:

http://www.animo-fashion.de/winter05.shtml

another example seen here...

http://www.vishaka.de/

I am totally stumped as to how they were able to do this~it's a neat effect though, that's for sure. Reply or tips will be much appreciated~

Thank You~
    ~"Flash is soooooooooooo flashy!"

Always needs help marinebro0306's Avatar
    This is probably completely wrong and in no way relevant, but I'll try anyway.
    1. Make 2 layers, one is the background image, and the other is the little dog-ear.
    2. On the dog-ear layer, make a keyframe at frame 30 or so.
    3. On the first frame of the dogear layer, have the dogear in the corner, and so small that it isn't visible. In frame 30, have it outstreched all the way. Make a shape tween with an easing out value of 100.
    4. Put a stop(); action on the first and last frame of the dogear layer.
    5. On the first frame of the background layer, put this code in:

code:

on(rollOver){
    gotoAndPlay(1)}

lemme know what that looks like and if it works.

flash addict
    thanks a bunch for your reply, marinebro~

however, it did not work.

i don't know if it was because i working in flash mx 2004...i have flash mx too though so i will try i there. but the directions were basic so i doubt it will work in mx either. what it does for me is, when i test the movie, the rollover does not work(there were no script errors) and when frame 30 comes, i just see the expanded dogear appear. so basically, the rollover isn't working.

any other ideas?

Ahhhh I'm such an idiot. When you are clicking the button, it plays frame 1, which then makes it stop because of the stop action. So, make a keyframe before frame 1 (so frame 1 is now frame 2) and put the stop action on your new frame, and take it off of frame 2. Also, in the background layer code, change it to gotoAndPlay(turn), and give frame 2 of the dogear layer the label 'turn'. Giving a frame a frame label works better sometimes because flash tends to mess up once in a while. That should fix it, and if it doesn't, put the file up and I'll see what I can do.

I just made it and was about to post it, but it never fails. My computer froze. But, here's some changes to my original idea: the background has to be a button, and the actions have to be in it. Also, look around for a reverse tutorial so the page goes back smoothley.

flash addict
    Thanks again, marinebro~!

Everything you said made sense but somehow it still doesn't work so I posted here the flash file. actually i still did it in MX 2004 but I saved it again as a Flash MX file...if it doesn't open or work for you let me know and i will figure somehting out.
    thanks again for all your help~
    Attached Files Attached Files

flash addict
    oh marine bro i didnt know you replied again before i just attached the flash file so i didnt try what you just said..hehe

i will keep you posted~