dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stop Loop?

Stop Loop?

Hey Everyone,

My website is at www.dystortionfx.com. My problem is, that when I look at it in Flashanimator, then it does not loop, but when I upload it to the website, it keeps looping. I have added a Stop Movie after all of the animations, and I also have the menu at the top displaying, Stop when finished. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Pretty sure the problem is in your HTML add

<param name="loop" value="false">
    to the object tag

Change the following line to this:

document.write('<embed src="index.swf" quality=autohigh bgcolor=#C30000 loop="false"' );

ehm ,try edding a script at the end of the action list.. containing :
    stop(); or however the stoping script work in 3DFA
    ok....what ?

Hey,

That didnt seem to work. I changed some stuff on it, but not stuff that should matter for the loop. I'm not sure if this helps, but it loops when i open just the .swf file from my exported file too. Then when i open the .html file that 3dfa exported, it looks nicer, but it still loops. I will copy and past the html code i currently have.

<html>
    <head><title>index</title></head>
    <body bgcolor=#C30000><center>

<script language=JavaScript1.1>
    <!--
    var MM_contentVersion = 6;
    var plugin = (navigator.mimeTypes && navigator.mimeTypes["application/x-shockwave-flash"]) ? navigator.mimeTypes["application/x-shockwave-flash"].enabledPlugin : 0;
    if (plugin){
    var words = navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash"].description.split(" ");
    for (var i = 0; i < words.length; ++i){
    if (isNaN(parseInt(words[i]))) continue;
    var MM_PluginVersion = words[i];}
    var MM_FlashCanPlay = MM_PluginVersion >= MM_contentVersion;}

else if (navigator.userAgent && navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE")>=0 && (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Win") != -1)){
    document.write('<scr' + 'ipt language=VBScript\> \n');
    document.write('on error resume next \n');
    document.write('MM_FlashCanPlay = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFla sh." & MM_contentVersion)))\n');
    document.write('</scr' + 'ipt\> \n');}

if (MM_FlashCanPlay){
    document.write('<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"');
    document.write(' codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash6/cabs/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"');
    document.write(' id="index" width=700 height=525>');
    document.write('<param name=movie value="index.swf">');
    document.write('<param name=quality value=autohigh>');
    document.write('<param name=bgcolor value=#C30000>');
    document.write('<param name=wmode value=window>');
    document.write('<embed src="index.swf" quality=autohigh bgcolor=#C30000 loop="false"' );
    document.write(' width=700 height=525 wmode=window type="application/x-shockwave-flash"');
    document.write(' pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">');
    document.write('</embed></object>');
    } else {
    document.write('<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">Click to install the Flash MX player</a>');}
    //-->
    </script><noscript>
    <object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash6/cabs/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
    id="index" width=700 height=525>
    <param name=movie value="index.swf">
    <param name=quality value=autohigh>
    <param name=bgcolor value=#C30000>
    <param name=wmode value=window>
    <param name="loop" value="false">
    <embed src="index.swf" quality=autohigh bgcolor=#C30000
    width=700 height=525 wmode=window type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
    </embed></object>
    </noscript>

</center></body>
    </html>

I also have a stop after all of my actions. Thank you so far for all of your help, i wasnt expecting 2 replys on the same day.lol.

Matt

already saw your HTML, Not sure what the problem is then. Do you have "Stop when finished" seletected in the pull down at the top of the movie properties panel?

also did you make each one of your page things "scenes"? cause that would screw everything up, but it could be fixed.
    BC

Hey,

Yeah I have stop when finished set. Each of the pages is set as a slideshow page now. Before I had a diferent .swf file for each page. I could try having it so there are no animations on the page at all. I'll try that and see if it keeps doing what it is doing. I was also wondering, if there would be any way to have a place on the front page where people could put in their email address, and then click send, and then have there email address sent to our email address? Haha, I guess that is probably the least of my worries right now tho. Anyways, thank you so much for the help so far.

Matt

If you're still having problems, post your .movie file to the thread as a post attachment in a .zip, if you know what I mean. Then maybe somebody can help trace the problem with that.
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)

well there are a lot of ways to fix this (non easy that I kno). First I would recommend doing what the above post says. My first idea would be you should really seperate the "scenes' into seperate movies (if Im getting this right). Im guessing you have a little scene animation for each page and you problem is its playing them all. My first answer to that would be, put stop at the end of each one, but you said you tried that, well then i would seperate each scene into seperate movies. Just cut each scen and put it in its own movie under scenes, select "stop until played" for the move than under the buttins on the page put "onclick of INfo button element (movie).movie.play()". Something like that, it would be easier to wokr with. But yeh post the file here and ill see wat else i can do if thats too confusing.
    BC