A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Newbie looking for advice :o)

scubes

Newbie looking for advice :o)

Hello Peoples, I am new to this forum and flash in general. My site is http://www.mosaictilecreations.com/. I recently built this site and a friend in Calgary did the animation. The one thing I would like to do is place radius corners on the Mosaic Sea Animation. I dunno, somehow the sharp corners just seem a little harsh. Anyway, if anyone can help me accomplish this I'd be grateful. Cheers, scubes

place a mask with rounded corners over the animation. the movie is most likely on its own layer. select the movie on the stage and click "edit in place", make a new layer on the very top and on this layer draw a filled rectangle with rounded corners. right click this layer and select "properties" and then select "mask". this should get you started.
    context is everything is relative

scubes

Thanks monstermash BUT . . . LOL

I'm sure I could edit this per your knowledge, just one thing, it looks like my "former" webmaster has locked the animation as I cannot edit ANYTHING.

SHEESH . . . pay a guy and OWN the work and ya can't do a damn thing with it. Then again, it could be my newbie-ness. I am using Macromedia Flash MX, could this be incorrect in the first place? Sorry to be SO new, LOL, Cheers, scubes

Grateful for the replies . . .

Clean and simple. You could have been a little more creative with the theme. Some water effects and actual tile buttons, designs, etc... would have been cool.

Flash, Mans greatest invention
    its a good site But i dont think its right for a tile company it looks more like what id except for some game site.

Maddy
    Pretty great for a first website!

One thing to watch for though is tiled backround images in html. The 'Mosiac tile creation' starts again on the right side of my screen.

Was releaved when i spotted the navigation bar as I thought i had to return home each time, but having it at the bottom is quite presumptious that poeple will read or scroll right to the bottom.

As for design - I do agree that the combination of dark colours, contrasting gradients, and bits and pieces of movement look 'game-esk'. Great to see though you havn't gone overboard with a comlicated colour scheme. Also I like the simple display of the tiles and designs. Loads quickly and looks neat.

Good luck! Nice job.