A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash newbe trying to impress a girl

quasi ;)

Flash newbe trying to impress a girl

Hello,
    I'm new in all this (actualy I do it for some little time but at home & for me, just playing with it, nothing very special when I see what some of you are doing).
    There's a girl I like and I would like to impress her with those new skills I have.
    So I wrote her an animated lettre and I would like to have some critics to improve it.

You can see it at www.flowersforesther.tk

Thx

Sleeping
    I like it, but the text unveils a little slowly. Also the heart, while I understand the symbolism, is kind of creepy, beating in the corner...

what is it with .tk sites?

i cant seem them for some reason

Artificial Memories v0.9.2b
    "Preserving life's precious moments and making new ones"
    © 2009 MemoryCorp - A Walmart company

how do you make that i cant fiquere out how to open my flash8 to create something can u tell me please

Cute, but dude... you're gonna blow it. lol.

I'd suggest you glance at www.doubleyourdating.com - it will enlighten you *grin*
    Two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do.
    www.threelefts.com

Flash, Mans greatest invention
    Quote Originally Posted by graphix_dude
    how do you make that i cant fiquere out how to open my flash8 to create something can u tell me please
    your just click the flash 8 icon you do have to buy it first tho

Quote Originally Posted by mark_my_words

I heard some ISP's block them not sure if its true or not.

Ahhh

Hey quasi,

I think what you've done is really sincere. Which is why the intended girl will (fingers-crossed) really appreciate the card. Something about the look of the card reminds me of the Romeo + Juliet film, I like it.

I saw the card with the slower frame rate, and again, since you've sped it up. I must say, I think the text unveils a little too fast now. It was nicer when it was one word at a time...even if it was a little slow.

Anyone should be impressed and touched by the time and effort you've spent to produce a genuine and earnest token of affection.

Best of luck!

i think theres nothing wrong with it being slow since this is ment for 1 girls to be sent to the site. not a huge website where you need things revealed before they hit the back button.

Awweee man that was sweet. I was almost in tears over here, lol. The effort is impressive enough. The animation is a tad bit kiddish, but overall it's nice. Let us know how she reacted!

well if she turns you down looks like vidabiad would be up for it.

quasi ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_my_words

.tk are free domain names... but with publicity, this means that if you have your pop-up blocker on you will not see it

Go to http://flowersforesther.tk.balder.prohosting.com/ if you still have problems or if you don't want it with publicity.

quasi ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidabiad
    Awweee man that was sweet. I was almost in tears over here, lol. The effort is impressive enough. The animation is a tad bit kiddish, but overall it's nice. Let us know how she reacted!
    I know I should have put more frames in the animation. It looks like this old japanese cartoons where characters left their arms in 2 or 3 drawings

quasi ;)
    To all thx for your reactions, they are encouraging. If it's slow it's coz I did to much. Most of the machines (and mine in particular) can't render it fast enough and so everything's slowing down. That's why I put a button to chang quality on it. And that is also how I speed it up. Last week, when I uploaded V1 (only the first card with the flowers) I put quality on "medium". Yesterday when I uploaded V2 (with the haert as a button) I changed quality for the flowers card to "low". But when you click the haert it's going again to "high" (otherwhise you wouldn't see good the stars).

Just to inform: I sent the invitations to go to look to the page with a bouquet of flowers (real ones this time). One last week when I only had part 1 uploaded, but I think she didn't got the message of this bouquet and didn't to see it.
    Now I sent a new bouquet with a new invitation to go to see V2 this mornig... I hope she will get the mesage.
    We will see

If not I will have to bring her flowers by myself :blush:
    Last edited by quasistellor; 10-24-2005 at 07:27 PM.

quasi ;)
    Updated, Now the animation is smooth

Quote Originally Posted by quasistellor
    .tk are free domain names... but with publicity, this means that if you have your pop-up blocker on you will not see it

Go to http://flowersforesther.tk.balder.prohosting.com/ if you still have problems or if you don't want it with publicity.

actually, firefox (and IE) told me that it could not find the site.

thats a nice site there

quasi ;)
    thx

Strange about IE coz I've been testing it on Opera and IE

Are you sure your popup blocker were "off"?

not 100% sure it was my pop-up blocker...

but if it was.. it would have told me that it blocked a website.

When i tried the ".tk" link, it just said:

"flowersforesther.tk" can not be found, please check the name and try again.

quasi ;)
    Strange, Like I told you I tested the page on Opera and IE and it worked without probls. I know that tk doesn´t let you see his free domain pages if they can´t show their popups

Thats was some fair nice stuff... you must have been tweening all that for hours :P I made a little Animation for my girl a while back... it was a heart that walked on from the right and stood there... and i animated its expresions to look like it was embarised or nervis (took me hours to get it right) and then it pulls a bunch of flower out from behind him... I little Picture of a card pops up.. when you click on it gose to a new frame with a poem i rote for her on it.

I like you letter but i mainly impressed with the flowers growing and stuff... looks good
    Top Marks
    92.7 Fresh FM for all your South Aussies - Doof Doof music FTW people!