A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SHOW] finished game: "meteor busters"

Great Game!!!
    Fogle

better than chuck norris
    too shaky... now im dizzy and about to puke.

excellent. excellent excellent work

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseNYC
    ur pretty much screwed in my opinion then all the meteors are coming from all directions and i never last very long
    I found the same thing. Am i missing some super nuke or somthing? I got to a stage with my first ship where i was dodging loads of little rocks for ages and shooting them, but more just kept coming untill the whole screen was full with them and i couldnt go anywhere so i died.

Btw, the mine gun thing is awesome

Ali

Awesome presentation, awesome gfx, and marvellous retro sound.
    So slick i want a real Peopleboy to play with
    Bubble Islands - Your arcade puzzle game !
    Dot-invasion Team
    Tales from the code front: stimunation developers blog
    Puzzle Bobble - The arcade port!
    2iceMP framework - Flash Multiuser Server: multiplayer tetris, chess, othello, connect4 ...
    Frozen Bubble - shoot da bubbles!
    The Pi Game - game for geeks

hehe, 12th place. Excellent improvement on the already great first version Marmotte. I am very impressed. As always your attention to details makes all the difference.

-Lee
    pnFlashGames.com
    share your games with thousands
    MediaProtect.org - Helping you protect your work (In Development)

thanks for all those comments! i didn't think that so many people would like that game to be honest, because it's visually not really a common/commercial game...

although the beginning should carry an epilepsy warning
    hahahaha, that's true. i may change one of the flashing sequence to a little introduction text...

Fabriq-En-Chine
    how come you were able to save your hi-score 3 times? i know that you used capitals for one of them, so it's ok, but the other 2 ones look the same "fenc", just wanted to know if you added a space somewhere or if it didn't automatically delete your old score to update it to the new one

i really liked the vast difference between the ships(though I think the one that fires timed bombs/mines is the best)
    they are the best in some situations, yes, and i like that ship tooo (very efficient to explode bigger meteorits than the most common ones). it's only weak point is its countdown before explosion. of course there's an even more powerful ship somewhere, but it's another story

tomsamson
    true, that damn screen is waaaay too little!! :P

ur pretty much screwed in my opinion then all the meteors are coming from all directions and i never last very long...
    yes, the game might be very hard... the ideal solution is to blast the maximum of meteorits before they reach the bottom of the stage, else they might appear again from there

i'm not sure i understand why u get the bonuses(the multiple bullet thingies)
    to upgrade your weapons, just destroy many meteorits. each time you destroy a meteorit, it gives you experience points (the bar below the score). when it's full, you get a power up... you can go up to level 4.

i wish i could see what the multiple bullet thingies are like for the rest of the ships besides the first one.
    that's easy, just pause the game and choose another spaceship ^_^
    maybe raise your main spaceship to level 4 then choose another one, you'll play with it in level 4 too (not very logical but anyway)

everyone else
    thanks for your interest and comments. also i'll try to create a template .fla in the future so you can start doing your own peopleboy games and include them in the games list!

Superb!
    Really cool - better than most real gameboy games. Where did you get the retro music from?

Edit - I just played it again, and I know the intro is nice, but please let me skip through it straight to the game.
    Last edited by happinessSam; 10-24-2005 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happinessSam
    Where did you get the retro music from?
    it has been done thanks to one of my friends (we were in the multimedia school together). he will start his own business soon, so i'll give the link in the credits (oh well, it's already linked in the ending credits). some sfx have beed done by joel berghult (twistedminds), but really a few of them.
    then finally i applied the last touches (sound mixes and filters, voices etc)

Quote Originally Posted by happinessSam
    I just played it again, and I know the intro is nice, but please let me skip through it straight to the game.
    keep pressing "start", it will skip the title animation (title appearing), title intro (huge meteors crashing), the story intro (meteorits coming down to the city) and the game intro (intro of your spaceship). the take off sequence cannot be cut though.
    Last edited by marmotte; 10-24-2005 at 02:45 PM.

Very good game. I liked it although I did not try for a highscore etc because of other less fun things that must be done

However, one possible suggestion if you want to take it is that when you die, your ship's explosion clears all the meteors on screen without adding to your score, so that when you respawn with a new ship, you just do not instantly die when you are surrounded.

-----Soccr743-----

NOOOOOOO 69000 points, all ships but 1 with full wepons, 2 continues left and i found a bug that stops me from completing it!!

I was in a screen with 3 massive rocks coming toward me, i blew em to bits with my advanced mine things and there were just a couple of small ones left. i shot one without noticing the other coming up behind me. It killed me and destroyed itself... my next ship comes on and... nothing happens. the ship is stuck there with its boosters going!!!

i was going to get the top score!.

Ali

Amazing game, all details perfetly taken care of. A hard game too, I agree that's little you can do once you've got too many meteors bouncing around... I'm impressed on how you can master the coding, graphics and gameplay at once, by yourself. Congratulations!

Sir Patroclo
    sleeping is a luxury I can't afford

alillm
    ouch, that sounds like a really nasty bug... plus it happened right when you don't need that, sorry
    i'll see how this can be possible, sounds like a weird bug... can you tell me maybe where it happened? stage 5 or 6 maybe, regarding your points? doh, that sounds really weird... so you say the ships comes from the bottom of the screens with his boosters, then freeze at the middle of the window, with the game that stays paused?

actually a beta tester told me that he has been able to freeze the game right when the final boss dies (his spaceship got destroyed at the same time). i guess that his situation was as terrible as yours, because he still didn't finish the game since :P

Sir Patroclo
    thanks ^_^

excellent game!
    keep up the good work!

greetings,
    nalin

Quote Originally Posted by dernalin
    excellent game!
    keep up the good work!

greetings,
    nalin
    thanks for the mention in your blog

Quote Originally Posted by marmotte
    alillm
    ouch, that sounds like a really nasty bug... plus it happened right when you don't need that, sorry
    i'll see how this can be possible, sounds like a weird bug... can you tell me maybe where it happened? stage 5 or 6 maybe, regarding your points? doh, that sounds really weird... so you say the ships comes from the bottom of the screens with his boosters, then freeze at the middle of the window, with the game that stays paused?
    I dont have a clue what stage it was.. um, it was quite a while after the 4th checkpoint i think (could be wrong) so im guessing thats just before stage 5?
    It didn't freeze, i could still move around, pause, unpause, change ship etc but the boosters were going and playing the booster sound and the background wasnt scrolling, and no rocks were coming. I left it for like 5 mins and nothing happened.

It seemed to me as if the ship died before the last rock got "killed", but then it got killed just after. The new ship cam on thinking that there was still a rock left, but there wasnt and so it screwed up (thats just a complete guess though )

Hope you can fix it

Ali

thanks for the details, actually i'm able to reproduce it easily. it happens when you get destroyed (and destroy) the last meteorit of those waves that stop the scrolling... i'm going to fix it ASAP.

[EDIT]

...fixed! (i hope it didn't break something else, i played a bit but didn't notice any additional bugs...)
    Last edited by marmotte; 10-24-2005 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marmotte
    thanks for the details, actually i'm able to reproduce it easily. it happens when you get destroyed (and destroy) the last meteorit of those waves that stop the scrolling... i'm going to fix it ASAP.

[EDIT]

...fixed! (i hope it didn't break something else, i played a bit but didn't notice any additional bugs...)
    Marmotte's back in the game baby.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

cool man! everytime u make a new thread, u really got some good stuff to show

just curious... anyone discovered any cheats? i didnt notice any or even any place where cheats could have been put in... love the game, originally felt that the different ships weren't balanced enough but they seem to be well designed for their strengths and weaknesses with more review
    mmm signature

marmotte - i don't remember making any changes to the name - i just entered the same thing i think? I was having an argument with my girlfriend about the amount of time i spend on the computer at the time so i can't remember....