dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tutorial to emulate this?

Tutorial to emulate this?

Okay so this is my first time posting on Flashkit, only because I have come to a roadblock. I looked through all my books (which may mean I need to buy more) and online but I can't figure out how they did this moving motion on http://www.kembo.com

It's awesome! I know how to do sliding from my book DRAG SLIDE FADE but as much as I tried to emulate the design on kembo I couldn't.

Anybody know where there may a tutorial about this on the web? Any books out there that will explain this step by step?

Help!

thanks,
    Nizar

It just uses masking inside MC's (the MC's hold the pics, and the mask is increased when the mouse goes over it.) and depth (when the mouse goes over the MC and off the other it puts the one the mouse is over on top).

thanks for the follow up

Thanks for the reply SpikeyOmega!

I did try the making the masks grow in the MC using scale but it won't respond. Plus how do you make the focus change from one graphic to another when it is under it?

Any place you know that there is a tutorial on this?

try making like 4 mcs. pic1_mc, pic2_mc, etc...
    Then in each mc put the picuture and on a mask layer a square. And put a stop(); code. Then tween the square over (say 12 frames) and make it the picture's Length and width.
    As for making it play and going to the top when its supposed to, try a script on each MC's selected actions panel (not on the timeline, when u select it from the _root)
    //For pic1_mc
    code:

on (rollOver){
    //Set depth of this to 1
    //Set depth of pic2_mc, pic3_mc, and pic4_mc to 2
    }