dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple Question - Simple Answer FLASH MX

I know, but cannot figure out, how to link

I removed the http links I put in wrong last time, such as you said you did and yes, the mouse over works again the same as it did before. Now, the problem is, where do I put the links into and how can I get there and know for sure it's the right input field. You said it would be

on (release) {
    getURL(xxxxxxxxxx);
    }

I have to know the proper way into once I open the .fla file and they proceed to the correct input form. Boy, that is all so complicated and seems I am a bit too old learning but I won't give up, sure not. Specially if you help me finish this one piece I would ever be so greatful and over the top of getting deeper with learning flash. Just want to get the homepage uploaded and can't make it because of the links problems...
    You have yourself the best one and if you have mercy with me, please reply. Thanks a ton, I owe you indeed. Harton

Hey dude.. check my last post... seems we were writing at the same time.

ok, just found this in the newbies forum... like I said, I dont know frames, but this might be the way to do it if you are using frames
    Code:
    on(release) {
    	getURL("homeiframe.htm", "iframemain");
    	}
    ... obviously, you would have to change the names of the pages/frames.

Just saw your post and want to reply quick here. I will right after this go and try to follow what you instructed above. But, can it not be that I put in the url instead of http://www.flashkit.com like this: "index.htm" and next page: "about_us.htm" and so forth here locally on the computer and becomes the full url (with http://www.flashkit.com/index.htm and http://www.flashkit.com/about_us.htm)? Okay, I go now and get to try whether I find that link input somehow. According to your generous help, I have to... Read you later and thanks a lot!!! Harton
    <<<<<<< No, I am not using frames on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by harton
    But, can it not be that I put in the url instead of http://www.flashkit.com like this: "index.htm" and next page: "about_us.htm" and so forth here locally on the computer
    yes, of course... I could have been clearer on that point.

Thanks Onine for your kind help!

Thanks you I in fact settled the linking problem and it positively works now. Now idea how I could have made it without your prompt help. Thanks to you I did not only solve the problems that I had but also got deeper into FlashMX. So that I don't have that costly program for nothing and I will keep going deeper, problem is only time since as a hobby I like it but besides work time is so little indeed. Anyway, I hope you keep it up helping people out with such clear to follow instructions and they are to appreciate the time you spend. Good thing to know people like you around these days. The only thing I haven't figured out yet are the little arrows, when I moved them closer to the buttons and text as they are supposed to they somewhat disformed , became thinner, shorter and like that. So, I just leave it by that for now and when I have more time will look into again. All the best to you and thanks a ton once again. Best regards - Harton

Hey, no problem man - it's nice to help

post your most recent .fla and I'll have a look at those distorted arrows.

I'm not very good at flash yet myself - I'm just a bit further down the road. Remember, already you are better than a lot of people here, so if you do get the time, drop by and help someone else out!

Anyway, I'm glad we fixed it, thanks for the appreciation and see you round
    Last edited by onine; 11-08-2005 at 07:04 PM.

FlasMX MenuButtons Problems

... and works fine. Is up and running. My friends website in fact and I had to get myself sooo important to do it all and nearly failed on that particular menu problem - with your help, I made it! The little arrows coming in by the right side upon mouse over don't really bother anyone but it's interesting and you said you'll have a look, so I upload the latest version right here. That was otherwise a busy working week and good thing we arrived safely at the weekend even though too short anyway. Sure, I'll be around and see if I would really know some answer... You have yourself the best one and take care. Best regards - Harton
    Last edited by harton; 11-24-2005 at 07:49 AM.