A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please, please....help !!!!

Please, please....help !!!!

Here is the swi Can somebody help me with my movie ?

The preloader is not working !!! and I don't see the reason

Thanks a lot guys

Regards

Maurice

hello,

put a stop action somewhere in scene 1 and it'll work.

Thanks Lys....but....

Thanks Lys, I did follow your suggestion, but in my site or browser it still doesn't work.
    Maybe a litle more explanation :

I have a HTML page called index.html. By visiting the site, this index page always opens in the format I did give it at the origin, 800/600 .
    In that page I made a menumovie with buttons, and one of these, by pressing it, has the following function :self.open("http://www.beardiepassion.net/CopineTooMuch/FotoGalleryCopine.swf","","fullscreen,scrollbars") ;

By clicking on this menu button, the swf file opens in a full screen (= OK), but instead of first seeing the preloader working....it remains a white screen, and after awhile, 4-6 seconds...the swf movie appears.
    It's creasy....I tried eveything.... but....

That's the reason why I'm giving some more details...so I hope you can help me out of this problem ! The swf file will grow when adding more images, so...I think a preloader is necessary !

Thanks a lot for your help

Maurice

first thing i'd do is embed the swf in a html page and then open the html in the popup, not the swf directly.:

export panel -> export options for html -> check"size=100%"
    file menu -> export -> export to html. then upload both files and open the html.

i'm pretty sure that it'll work fine afterwards (also don't forget to clear the cache )

Thanks Lys...

I'll give it a try ...

I'm so happy there are guys like you, you know...

I'm working with Homestead, ...I don't know if you know them, but have a very good tool, their site builder.
    Of course, this has limitations and that is why I prefer to work with SwishMax...creativity....
    So, I can create a popup window in de site builder, import on this popuppage the html of the swf movie, and publish both...Is this correct ?

Thanks a lot Lys,

and if you come to Belgium...Antwerp...let me know...you are welcome here...and I will give you a scouting trip in Antwerp, and...hospitallity of course

Thanks

Maurice

right now your popup action is :

self.open("http://www.beardiepassion.net/CopineTooMuch/FotoGalleryCopine.swf","","fullscreen,scrollbars") ;

now change it to

self.open("http://www.beardiepassion.net/CopineTooMuch/FotoGalleryCopine.html","","fullscreen,scrollbars");

finally all you have to do now is create the FotoGalleryCopine.html in which the FotoGalleryCopine.swf is embedded. (use "export to html" under the file menu in swishmax). then upload the FotoGalleryCopine.html into the same folder as the existing FotoGalleryCopine.swf.

and thanks for the offer. i've never been to belgium yet ... imagine...
    amsterdam schiphol was the closest i ever got to antwerp