A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need your help on Flash template site

Need your help on Flash template site

Hi Everybody,

We released a service to sell flash templates, website template at
    http://www.*******.com/product/template/index.htm

Would you please give me suggestions about the style and price of those templates?
    Do you like those templates? How do you think of the price, high, medium or low? What kind of template is your favorite? and etc.

Any advice to promote it or anything that can make it better is welcome!

Thanks you!
    Offering Flash design tools for from novices to
    professionals, and Flash/HTML website templates
    http://www.*******.com
    *******≠*******

www.bewired.nl
    Two things...

Why using screenshots, when you try to sell something that is so depending on the graphics and visuality. I should make a _blanc page where a demo is displayed at 100% viewsize. Now the templates are fuzzy, blurry and unreadable because they are shrinked.

I must say that the templates are rather basic, dull and not exciting. But that's why they are called templates, because they are 'middle of the road' and ordinary to appeal a wide range of potential clients. But if i was you, i should put more time in to the graphics and animations first, to get it more into '2005 en beyond' style, if you know what I mean. the templates I have seen, are done a million times, 5 years ago by your competitors. Create somthing that makes you unique...

Succes
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Benjamin van Rossum
    www.bewired.nl

I'm not one to get into any confrontation, but isn't a Flash Template website hurting the rest of us Flash Designers? I mean, doesn't it cheapen the value of what we do?

It's like stock images, or stock art. It lowers the value of artists work.

I'm against it!

Learn more, know less.
    I'm against it too..but I'll put that aside for a second to give some feedback about the site.

I agree that screenshots may not be good enough. Look at your competitors, they all allow full-size views.

As far as price...I seem to remember other template sites offering pretty professional-looking templates for about $40-$60. Your templates are kind of mediocre all around and they're over $100.

Just my two cents.

I don't know enough about your competition to compare. I do think the "new" symbols over the templates look like they were put together in 2 seconds and don't really add much value

my favorite one is the car one and yes I am agasiant flash templats too, also they are way over priced for just something normol. What I would do if I were you is watch other peoples flash site and maybe build something like that. Just my idea you dont have to use it.

Kindist Regards,
    graphix_dude
    Last edited by gerbick; 11-08-2005 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Please resize your footer.

Quote Originally Posted by bubfather
    Two things...

Why using screenshots, when you try to sell something that is so depending on the graphics and visuality. I should make a _blanc page where a demo is displayed at 100% viewsize. Now the templates are fuzzy, blurry and unreadable because they are shrinked.
    Hi,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. We will use 100% size.

I must say that the templates are rather basic, dull and not exciting. But that's why they are called templates, because they are 'middle of the road' and ordinary to appeal a wide range of potential clients. But if i was you, i should put more time in to the graphics and animations first, to get it more into '2005 en beyond' style, if you know what I mean. the templates I have seen, are done a million times, 5 years ago by your competitors. Create somthing that makes you unique...

Succes
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Benjamin van Rossum
    www.bewired.nl
    Can you show me some examples of '2005 en beyond' style? Thanks!
    *******≠*******

Quote Originally Posted by JoelTHE
    As far as price...I seem to remember other template sites offering pretty professional-looking templates for about $40-$60.
    Do you remember their websites?
    *******≠*******

www.bewired.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by *******
    Can you show me some examples of '2005 en beyond' style? Thanks!

I can, but whit a little bit of 'google' investigation, you can do it to...
    Try www.favouritewebsiteawards.com and check some product promotion websites of large companies like Nike or Toyota. They have rather unique websites which can inpsire you...(and most of the time they use top of the edge (Flash) techniques which are 2005 en beyond....)

Learn more, know less.
    Template site:

http://www.perfectory.com/templates.htm

I found several others, but this one is pretty representitive of the whole market.

Flash, Mans greatest invention
    im not against it

if you dont design sites that look better than them ugly things then you should not be a operating as a flash designer.

Quote Originally Posted by JoelTHE
    Template site:

http://www.perfectory.com/templates.htm

I found several others, but this one is pretty representitive of the whole market.
    Thanks for the url.

I've compared it to our templates, and found our new templates complicated, but the templates you referred to me are simple but clear.
    So, what kind of template is most popular nowadays?
    *******≠*******

I can, but whit a little bit of 'google' investigation, you can do it to...
    Try www.favouritewebsiteawards.com and check some product promotion websites of large companies like Nike or Toyota. They have rather unique websites which can inpsire you...(and most of the time they use top of the edge (Flash) techniques which are 2005 en beyond....)
    Are you joking? I checked the "SITE OF THE DAY" and others at random, but they are all not my type. Am I behind the times? I suspect.
    *******≠*******

You're entering an oversaturated market (emphasis on over and saturated). Look at www.templatemonster.com to see what you're up against. Cheap but not nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanthem
    You're entering an oversaturated market (emphasis on over and saturated). Look at www.templatemonster.com to see what you're up against. Cheap but not nasty.
    Thanks! But actually we are a reseller of a4flash.com. Most of templates are chosen from them.
    But it seemed we did not choose the right type??
    *******≠*******

Learn more, know less.
    www.favouritewebsiteawards.com is one of the best indicators of what's new style-wise. Your templates look many years old, especially compared with the cutting-edge sites like those.

I don't know what templates are popular nowadays because I would never use one. That's being said, I would guess different styles appeal to different types of businesses.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    ******* products are not new. I think that you should re-invest some of your profits into market research. Lords knows you've made your share.

Just you asking for advice here of all places shows how little template houses are in touch with Flash. Most of us use Flash because we love it. If a designer makes a living using it, it is normally second nature to stay on top of what is hot and what is not. Template houses denegrate flash to the equivalent of a cattle drive and your house obviously put sales above development.

I wish you no luck in your quest to revamp your next wave of cattle.

How the hell does this qualify as a site check? It's like sticking a cooked chicken wing into a chicken coop and asking the chickens if it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Seahorn
    How the hell does this qualify as a site check? It's like sticking a cooked chicken wing into a chicken coop and asking the chickens if it's done.
    ^^Agrees with above.

This doesn't belong in Site Check. Moving to Design & Graphics... seems as if your inquiry is more on the design and what's out there as opposed to what your site should look like and requesting reviews.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Sorry! Let's just stop talking about our templates. I just wanted to have a general idea of our templates. Thank you all very much.

If you have anything to say about our site related to "site check", please go ahead.
    *******≠*******

Quote Originally Posted by An Artist
    I'm not one to get into any confrontation, but isn't a Flash Template website hurting the rest of us Flash Designers? I mean, doesn't it cheapen the value of what we do?

It's like stock images, or stock art. It lowers the value of artists work.

I'm against it!
    I agree, but however for stock images i think that it is nessary for the design community, since it is hard to be a photographer and a designer at the same time, or there might be sth that you alone can't capture....

Coming Sooooon!!!
    I hate spam in the [ Cool Sites ] Section.