A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Logo Revamp - Feedback Please

Logo Revamp - Feedback Please

Getting ready to redo my site (I have learned a thing or two about flash since doing my current one) and have been considering revamping my little logo. Would appreciate some feedback and would love to hear some of your own ideas. I always have a problem with my own stuff!

So after screwing around a little today, here are some variations I came up with.

My current logo with different colors.

Alternative logo in b/w.

After messing around with it in PS.

Just curious what you guys have to say about these 3 variations. Thanks!

EDIT:
    It's a self promotional site for graphic design etc. called Three Lefts
    Two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do.
    www.threelefts.com

Out of the three I like #2. I'm not liking #3, it's to grungy and hard to read. The 3's as E's is taking away abit of the "That stands for Threelefts" But to each his own. #2 is nice and crisp and according to your site, fits your style well. Also you could vary the color and it would hurt nothing.

One question- why join he f and the t and not the t and the s. This doesn't bother me so much but I was just wondering.

my 2c
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

#2's the best, but they're all hard to read. You should knock out a bit of that solid rectangle to give an impression of an E.
    After reviewing your site, the one you have on here is a pretty good logo: http://www.threelefts.com/gallery/gr...s/bus_3l_2.jpg

pea3698:
    I had a version with the t and s joined... now that I look at it, I think it might work better to rejoin them.

I would definitly change the color... consider this a template.

=========================================

lefteyewilly:
    So you suggest I take a little off the top of the rectangle? As for my ooooold logo in that link of yours... I'll mess with that too I guess. I just wanted something a little bit more than words.

Thanks for the feedback guys! If anyone has any ideas for a logo that might fit my theme/slogan I'd love to hear them! Or some more feedback on what I have here never hurts!
    www.threelefts.com

I don't see any reason why you can't combine the text in the one i stated above with the 3 arrows of your 1st one in the 1st post here. I think that could do it. But i definitly don't like the backwards 3's in that first one...it took me quite a while to figure out what it said.

Have you thought about taking version #2 and knocking the words three lefts out off the upper part of the big rectangle. That way you have the actual words and your representation of the words. ??
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;

Still in the works... but here is a version that looks a little nicer.

For some reason I like the box going up higher than the rest. Am I crazy hehe?
    www.threelefts.com

I like what you have.
    My only thought is that the 3 gets a little lost, I think it should be more prominent to read it as 3 lefts.

Here is what I did... not exactly polished, but you get the idea.

I like the green one alot.
    ------------------

Yea that green is nice colour. I have always loved green tho, its my fav colour. I wanted to make a site with the base colour green but there are a few to many popular sites with it so i figure i might not because some people might think im copying there work
    92.7 Fresh FM for all your South Aussies - Doof Doof music FTW people!

Hi the

image is great but we all know what it stands for now, show that to a man or woman who hasnt read this thread and they will be lost to the meaning. May be you dont have to have a meaning to the logo

is it 3 lifts ?

I still like the Black background version with the 3 3 3 flipped

at least that says what it is, if joe public tried typing in the URL from the green version, the odds are they would not get to your site.

bp

as mentioned above...green is good. but hard to understand.

my suggestion is to keep the logo without the .com, then have the "threelefts.com" in small writing under it.

First off I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (if you're outside the US then a great weekend!).

So about the logo. I really appreciate all the feedback so far. I think I have been thinking of it more like a symbol that, once you know what it's for, makes sense. But you guys have made some valid points. I'll spend some time coming up with a few variations today, hopefully some of you past posters can give me more feedback later on today when I stick something else up there.
    www.threelefts.com

In order for it to become a recognizable symbol it needs to have the name first. This is one of those phase out over time deals. Another problem being that you seem to be going after a broad range of people by way of the internet. Now if all you had was the symbol and no name and someone stumbled apon your site. Chances are they wont remember the url without some visual reinforcement.

I love the direction your going in but I think the name should deffinitly be included
    ------------------

Messin around a bit more. Still keeping with the style... but trying to give it a little clearer meaning... your thoughts? I'll be back!

Last edited by ThreeLefts; 11-28-2005 at 02:11 PM.
    www.threelefts.com

Hi its getting better, but i still dont think you are there with it, just seem disjointed somehow...

I just find the text is still really complicated, when you look at it, I do like the arrow

bp

OOO AHHH I like this one much better. It looks great.
    ------------------

ever considered using the gap in the middle of the 3 as the cross bar an a Capital L - may make it read a bit easier - looks kinda odd having the l outlined and all the rest punched out as a solid if you know what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by tayjax
    ever considered using the gap in the middle of the 3 as the cross bar an a Capital L - may make it read a bit easier - looks kinda odd having the l outlined and all the rest punched out as a solid if you know what i mean
    Yes actually. I was looking at that and thought it would make it seem a bit more "clever". The thing I don't like is that it would be so thick compared to the rest... but I'll toy with it and see if I can make it work.
    www.threelefts.com