A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Working on a Mac and some problems . . .

Working on a Mac and some problems . . .

I am running OS10.3.9 on the Mac and have found some problems with Flash 8. First of all it takes for ever to publish - it even seems to be the case if I publish for Flash 7 player. I don't know why its so so slow.

I also thought that the library window was supposed to shop up on launch. Well, it doesn't. And when I publish with the f12 key my browser doesn't display the swf file. I have to manually click on the htm file. What a pain in the ass. Does any one else out in the world have these problems? Better yet, does any one have any solutions?
    Mark Gooodman
    www.markcgoodman.com

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I use a PC so these may not be the best answers.

•How big is the file that you are publishing? The bigger it is, the slower it will go.
    •The library window should show up when you launch Flash if it was open when you closed Flash the last time that you used it.
    •Have you tried reinstalling, that usually fixes most problems that are only happening on one computer.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Same OS, same version... and I don't see the same problems whatsoever. Library works just fine... for once since Flash MX 2004 sure as heck didn't work right.

Gotta ask some of the same questions... how big is this project? How much RAM do you have? I'm running 1.5gb of RAM here. And when's the last time you've used the disk utility to repair permissions?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Flash, Mans greatest invention
    it doesnt matter what os your on flash 8 publishes extramly slow

I am having slow publishing when I publish files created in MX in V.8. It is about a 150K file...not large. I am on a new MacBookPro with 2.16GHz with 2gigs of ram.

In terms of having to double click the htm file, you can go to that file and get info (apple I). Under the Open with: click on your browser and below that click on Change All and you won't have that issue any more.

pwned by flash
    Best answer to the problem... get a PC.

On Macs, try not to move the mouse when publishing/playing anything. It freezes playback.
    "...But something sweet inside of you has died..."

im on a mac and dont have any dramas, seems to publish as quick as im used to, though i havnt had to update and redo any of my old MX ones just new ones crested in 8