A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash and eCommerce.... where to begin

I have a client who's site is remotely hosted by a company about 10 miles down the road. Most of what I do in Flash is basic interface/animation, but we are currently looking to upgrade to an eCommerce site.
    1. The client wants secure online transactions for about 2-5 items.

2. The client does NOT yet have a merchant account
    3. The entire site does not have to be hosted all at the same site... The primary factor is to have all scenes transition smoothly together. I have enough knowledge of multiple level_s etc to create a smooth movie but...

4. I want to avoid HTML at all costs.

5. Price is not a huge issue, but let's be reasonable.
    -GoeMerchant? Verisign?

If anyone has an example they could show me or any tips on how to accomplish my goal, please respond.

You have done most of your homework.... for being on a budget, the goemerchant is the cheapest way to go.... pretty easy. Both accounts are pretty easy to do, I have used them both.

JJ

We have developed an entire e-commerce front-end in Flash called flash-e-mart. It may be something along the lines that you need.

A working demo can be seen at http://www.siliconmills.co.uk

Originally posted by chrisjczar
    I have a client who's site is remotely hosted by a company about 10 miles down the road. Most of what I do in Flash is basic interface/animation, but we are currently looking to upgrade to an eCommerce site.
    1. The client wants secure online transactions for about 2-5 items.

2. The client does NOT yet have a merchant account
    3. The entire site does not have to be hosted all at the same site... The primary factor is to have all scenes transition smoothly together. I have enough knowledge of multiple level_s etc to create a smooth movie but...

4. I want to avoid HTML at all costs.

5. Price is not a huge issue, but let's be reasonable.
    -GoeMerchant? Verisign?

If anyone has an example they could show me or any tips on how to accomplish my goal, please respond.

consider adding this to the movies so everyone can benifit from it ??