A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Let Me Have It!!!?

Let Me Have It!!!?

I'm having a hell of a time getting my php form to work so as of now I am using a mailto: function thing. I'd love to hear any comments good, bad or ugly. thanks

THE SITE

Ok I only got a couple things which I don't think are necessarily terribly important
    1. sometimes the movie starts by itself, sometimes you get the enter button
    2. some small type that wasn't easy to see on 1280x960
    3. seems like main body should be centered horizontally, but that's more personal preference i think...
    4. the logos don't say who they are for

good color, nice border/framework graphics, very clean animation, I like it
    -JWin

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

Flasher
    Yes. Great color theme. The animations are smooth, and there's an overall good feel to it. Only one critical thing that I can think of:
    WITHOUT A DOUBT include info about the graphic design, sites, brochures, ect. that you've made.
    Great Job!
    ~Sportzguy933

Great Design

I think you have a nice site and good layout. The speed is pretty good tho I personally prefer the speed more associated with how your opening sequence of screens have vs the transition of elements once inside the site. But like I siad more of a preference than a call. But very good smooth transitions.

Tony

DUDE, I love your site I gotta say. Love the colors, the transitions are excellent,

But PLEASE up the size of your fonts. you gotta make it easy and Clear to see.

Pixels fonts look great, and they do look good in your content areas, but make your | graphic design | Photography | About | etc. buttons IN BIGGER BOLDER FONTS.

OK I got an idea, see how big your Font & size are that you used for the actually section headings.

Use that. and I would move the menu to the top and make the buttons in a White Font just above the beginning of the red square.

and move the "This Site offers" to the bottom red area.

I think that would go a HUGE way in making the site more user friendly.

Looks excellent man. good job
    What you learn is meant to be forgotten, so you can flow freely.
    -Bruce Lee

Learn more, know less.
    Channel,

Nice, man. Really nice. Stylish, simple, well laid out.

I agree with the comments re: including info about your work. Logos in particular need a frame of reference to know whether they're good or not outside of pure function.

I don't know if I agree about the font size for your buttons. I'm on 1280 x 1024 and I knew what they said. Looking at your other sites though, I see you have a tendency to use ultra-small links...so maybe something to watch for. Just don't make them big and bulky (although I doubt you would, given your eye for layout).

Photos were nice, work was nice, everything was intuitive and easy...

It took me a couple minutes to come up with anything negative to say, and that in itself is an accomplishment.

If it was me I might change the menu bar to the top, maybe. Also might make the menu links like .5 size bigger. But one thing that would make it better is a little shadowing on the logo off to the left.

Thanks for the comments everybody. I will be adding the info for each piece. It seems like the most common complaint next to the menu size. After I find a new font I like. That will be next.