A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLV Exporter crashes After Effects 5.5

FLV Exporter crashes After Effects 5.5

Arrrgh

I've been trying for days but I can't figure out 1. why this happens and 2. any explanation on the web of what I need to do to make it work

here's the problem:
    Every time I try to export a video from After Effects 5.5 to a FLV file through the Flash Video Exporter, After Effects immediately crashes. No matter what the settings it crashes (freezes to be exact). again and again and again. I've tried it all... re-install after effects, re-install flash, re-install Flash Video Exporter. same result.

any ideas?

some dude
    It's crashing because it's running out of memory while it's trying to render out your animations or movie or whatever ... you need a bigger hard drive, more ram etc.

If your on the PC you could try out our Flix exporter. You can get a demo from http://www.on2.com

We have one for the mac too, but we haven't released a demo of our mac exporter yet.

Bolt
    My Flash Video Blog
    Get Flix Pro here (My starving college sister's affiliate link)

Quote Originally Posted by xavier101
    It's crashing because it's running out of memory while it's trying to render out your animations or movie or whatever ... you need a bigger hard drive, more ram etc.
    nope, that's not the problem! I'm running a 3.2ghz with 1gb of ram and 2 hard drives with respecively 40gb and 80gb of free space. if the Flash Exporter needs more ram than running Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator and Flash at the same time, there is something horribly wrong with the program.

AND the program crashes IMMEDIATELY after I click Proceed. there's no lag. and everything else runs fine. it just crashes After Effects.

I've found other people on the net with the exact same problem, but so far no sollutions.

I have the same prob. It says quicktime export faled! (?) whats up?

FLV Encoder

Some bugs in the MM FLV encoder- on the MAC side it seems that the cropping does not work, other features not included no deinterlace or brightness-gamma controls. Best bet Sorenson

MortenPink we just released a Mac demo of our FLV exporter. You could try this to see if it works for you.

Bolt
    My Flash Video Blog
    Get Flix Pro here (My starving college sister's affiliate link)