A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Introducing myself

Introducing myself

Hi everybody.
    I'm new here and I didn't know where to post my first lines and pics, so I did create a new post.
    Herebelow links to some of my pics:

Chiesa
    Ponterosso
    Ortodosso
    Insiel
    Lampione

Pics have been shot within last 15 days in Trieste, Italy, where I'm living and worked through Photoshop.
    I hope you like them and your opinions are very wellcome.
    Thank you

welcome to flashkit!

great shots man! i especially like "insiel"

hope to see more of your shots,

zlatan
    New sig soon

thanks

Thank you, Mr. Dude!
    I'll post more pics very soon, as I'm just experimenting with my new digital camera, a totally new system for me.
    Still I believe that "film" (expecially B/W) is better than digital.
    I have an 8 MP camera, and maybe the 12 and more are even better...
    Ciao

MP has nothing to do with quality other then if you want to do large prints without loss of quality. 8 MP will do you just fine.

I have seen people take better images them me with a point and shoot canon G5 And i have used 20D and XT
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quality?

Dear WannaBe
    by quality, do you mean sharpen, contrast, depth color, resolution and so on?
    or is it, instead, cut, subject, meaning, in other words the artistic value of an image?
    I've started in early 70's with a totally manual Zenit camera, with a funny external light meter. If I compare that camera with my powershot pro1... this last seems like hal9000...
    Above to mean that, the difference is made by the eye and brain.
    I've seen your photogallery and you get great pics. I like very very much the one named "Rutlad Ghost": it' a masterpiece.

Why thank you for the comments.

And by quality I don't mean size of the image as in pixels. I mean color depth and balance, depth of field, in focus and sharp and etc. All the technical things you learn with a manual camera. And not just relying on post correction. Even though I know a lot of people throw their images through photoshop. I try and only do minor tweaks unless trying to pull off something "artsy"
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Welcome to the Photography Forum here at Flash Kit Francowe. As a small formality I'd like to ask you to read the Forum Rules and the Flash Kit FAQ.

You have some very nice images there and I hope to see many, many more from you in the future. You might also want to participate in our "Themed Photography", as everyone seems to enjoy it and it helps to feed off of other's creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    point and shoot canon G5
    Ahem! I resent that, it's a 'prosumer' camera, okay?

"Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

That is a great example, Robb definitely makes better images then I do. And he uses a Canon G5

Cheers WannaBe! I still want you to take the 'point and shoot' comment back

And where did you get a 20D from?
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

ok ok...I take it back. Robb uses a more user friendly camera then a DSLR and still makes better images then me

And I used my room mates 20D on a few photo shoots when he first got it. He heard I wanted one in the summer and saved up and borrowed a bit of cash and bought it in the beginnin of the school year to rub it in my face. Oh well I have a Rebel XT to play with until end of the school year.