A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Javascript popup problem

Javascript popup problem

Quick question:

I have designed a radio site at http://www.expatsradio.com but Mac users seem to be having a problem with it.

They think its a javscript problem with the popup window when u press the LISTEN NOW button at the top of the screen.

Im using this script to open the popup window:

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('http://www.expatsradio.com/streams/stream.html','newWin','width=348,height=400,left=3 00,top=150,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=No,st atus=No,resizable=No,fullscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);");
    }

which works fine on everything but a Mac it seems. It gives the error "Cannot open the file. Verify the path and the filename are correct and try again".

Is this a javascript problem or is it trying to find a file which doesnt exist? Can someone give it a try?

yeah.. the url gives me a 404

http://www.expatsradio.com/streams/stream.html

okay that's funky

the first time i entered the URL it was 404.. the second time it went just fine.

this is odd because i pasted the same URL both times..

*key twilight zone music*

Weird. I opened it up in dreamweaver. Made all the links absolute so they would load from anywhere. And tried opening it and the picture is what I got. When I tried going directly to your site and look at it there, it was weird because I didn't have the problem of it not working at all. But, I had the problem of it not playing. I mean, the window popped up and every thing, the second picture is what I got.
    Last edited by swak; 10-08-2007 at 07:42 AM.

Im confused, does that mean there is a problem with it or not?

Thanks for looking at it and for the help!

The problem that I have is after a split second of getting ready to load, as in it shows the information about what is about to play, everything goes blank and it acts like an empty player and nothing plays.

Ah yes that is fine! Can you try clicking the buttons on the right hand side (Monday-Sunday) and check they work please. Each day (except Thursday and Friday) should play a radio show. As long as when you press listen now on the main page and that pop up loads, then pressing one of the days and that plays, ALL is well

Thanks a lot, let me know

Ah yes that is fine! Can you try clicking the buttons on the right hand side (Monday-Sunday) and check they work please. Each day (except Thursday and Friday) should play a radio show. As long as when you press listen now on the main page and that pop up loads, then pressing one of the days and that plays, ALL is well

Thanks a lot, let me know

You know what, everything does work except for one tinny little problem: for the progress bar that show how far along it is remains inactive. Other than that everything works fine. I think that I will also try out another mac.