A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Band's site _ check it out.

Band's site _ check it out.

Hey,

I wanted to get some outside opinions on this new site I'm doing for my band:

Intravenus-online

I know there are a few tiny bugs like clicking links during the transition animations but they'll be ironed out before the site goes live and there is no real splash page yet.

If you could check it out and let me know if you find any other bugs, how the site performs on your system and just if you like the site or not

Opinions on the music would also be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

I'd recommend using pixel or un-anti-aliased text- most of its kinda blurry. Great, great transitions, they just take too long IMO. Perhaps a dark gradient background would help set the mood better.

Pretty good site man keep going!
    Quote Originally Posted by intravenus
    Hey,

I wanted to get some outside opinions on this new site I'm doing for my band:

Intravenus-online

I know there are a few tiny bugs like clicking links during the transition animations but they'll be ironed out before the site goes live and there is no real splash page yet.

If you could check it out and let me know if you find any other bugs, how the site performs on your system and just if you like the site or not

Opinions on the music would also be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

AWFUL and not because the site is bad bear with me cause this is one of my biggest peaves.
    -when the window opens, if its not in full mode the top and bottom are cut off and you can't scroll to see them. This anywhere is annoying but it was exceptionally annoying in this case cause the music starts loud and if you cant see the controls sto turn it off quickly, ugh.

Now that you think I'm a big jerk...I think there's some nice stuff. Good comprehensive audio player. Interesting transitions though they may be a bit longer than most people would care to sit through.

I would recommend changing your document title to something more interesting then "salaloaderSmall". I'm not gonna nitpick cause its late and generally your site is pretty hip.
    Good luck,
    -JWin

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

Thanks to all who looked and special thanks to those who took the time to reply.

Everyone agrees that the transitions take too long, they will be fixed ASAP!

@ Ivanthem: The text looks blurry to you? I chose to embed fonts because this particular font really looks much, much better embedded and I took all the usual steps to make sure blurriness was avoided. But if you tell me that it is still blurred on your display ... I must rethink

@ JWin: The top and bottom are cut off??? What resolution are you using, or how many toolbars do you have in your browser? I tested the site for a minimum resolution of 1024 * 768 and it fit ok but toolbars were at a minimum on the pcs. I'll stick in the scrollbars just in case others have the same problem. And I'll change the page title before I put the site "on-air"

Cheers guys!

I thought it was a bit too blurry- try using a different font that looks crisper when smaller.

1024*768 is the resolution that I used in IE and the top/bottom are cut off. That sucks because of no scrollbars. The font is somewhat blurry but no more than anyone elses. I know flash 8 can make good font. And the transitions are too long. Ok the first time, but if I were to go back, then I would have to wait. But overall it is fine and i would only tweek it, not change it. The music is ok, I am from the Led Zepplin era but I did listen to a couple of songs and they sounded good. Did you use swfmp3 for the equalizers? Definatly a flash site
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Hey again.

So I took your advice and sped the transitions up some and changed the HTML to include scrollbars for people viewing in 1024*768 or lower.

I'm looking for a device font which looks similar to this one so I can use non anti-aliased text...any suggestions???

I also changed the html page title

What do you guys think now?

Intravenus OnLine

scrollbar is good.

@ Tmoore935

I forgot to mention in my last post, yes I used SwiftMp3 for the EQ. It is probably the most CPU intensive part fo the entire site, you'll notice a drastic improvement in the performance of the site if you turn the EQ off.
    I'm looking into better ways to do the EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by intravenus
    @ Tmoore935

I forgot to mention in my last post, yes I used SwiftMp3 for the EQ. It is probably the most CPU intensive part fo the entire site, you'll notice a drastic improvement in the performance of the site if you turn the EQ off.
    I'm looking into better ways to do the EQ.
    I have 2.53Ghz and I have no problem with the cpu. The cpu goes way up when loading but is nothing later, even when the music is playing. I have cable so that helps, I am sure the 56kmodemers have to wait. I played with eq and the only other way I know of is to fake it. If there is a better way, let me know.