A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Maximum container size limit???

Maximum container size limit???

I am attaching a series of MCs to a content_mc using a FOR LOOP. These MCs are stacked vertically based on their height and postion within the LOOP. Nothing special going on there. But I have found that there is a limtation to how many MCs Flash wil let you place before it crashes at runtime. The content_mc's height grows to only about 1000 pixels when the apparent the redlining begins. Again there's only issues when a certain number of MCs have been attached.

So the project I am working on, a glossary, is now complete except for this limitation.

One work around I going to try and develop is to create a scrollable list of MCs like I described, but in this new version, the MCs will remove themselves after you scroll them out of view, and the new MCs coming into view would be attached just prior to being seen. If this makes any sense, has anyone seen an example of this technique anywhere? And if so, is there any code available showing how it was done?

Thanks.

well.. this scrolls horizontally and was meant for images... but there is absolutely no reason you can't alter it to suit your needs. Check it out: http://www.doyouhaveapen.com/junkyar..._TUTORIAL.html
    Please DO NOT PM me simply for individual help. Post in the public forums...that's what they are for, and they allow others to benefit as well. - Thx
    OS X 10.3.9 || Flash MX04 Pro
    | del.icio.us || furl || Helpful Source Files || Free Pixel Fonts |

Mad, you the man.

I can definitely modify that sample. Thats beautiful thanks. Its exactly what I was describing.

Thanks again!

no problem.. doyouhaveapen.com is Flashkit member's site.. i just don't remember who....
    Please DO NOT PM me simply for individual help. Post in the public forums...that's what they are for, and they allow others to benefit as well. - Thx
    OS X 10.3.9 || Flash MX04 Pro
    | del.icio.us || furl || Helpful Source Files || Free Pixel Fonts |