A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: full browser usage - plse help

full browser usage - plse help

right, i apologise, i know this has been asked so many times but when i searched i couldnt find any clear and precise answers.

i want to learn how to do full browser sites. I dont mean naked, just ones that take up the whole of the window area, complete with the usual back stop file edit stuff at the top.

i understand that you can publish with 100% and set no scale so the content doesnt distort but thats not my problem solved.

first off i want to be able to set a background that will adapt to whatever the user's resolution, but wont resize any of the main content or distort it, and will allow you to work with the edges pf the screen.

is there a way that in your flash movie you can tell the background eg back_mc to scale to the page but foreground eg news_mc to stay at the scale it was intended, and load in the correct place.

ive tried and just cant get round my head round it and just cannot find any decent tutorials anywhere, im usually quick to pick stuff up but this is just puzzling me. Found a 3 part tutorial which never seemed to get to the point, and the kirupa one just tells how to generally resize

thanks in advance

bast
    antiknowsbest.com

hehe thats the 3 part tutorial i found dude, but it never gets as far as i need it to, it was supposed to be 4 part , but part 4 never materialised
    antiknowsbest.com

Have you tried this in the first frame of your swf?

fscommand("fullscreen", "true");

fscommand("allowscale", "false");

fscommand("showmenu", "false");

yeh, doesnt work for what im trying to do, nice suggestion tho
    antiknowsbest.com

can you explain what your trying to do? Might help

first off i want to be able to set a background that will adapt to whatever the user's resolution, but wont resize any of the main content or distort it, and will allow you to work with the edges of the screen.

is there a way that in your flash movie you can tell the background eg back_mc to scale to the page but foreground eg news_mc to stay at the scale it was intended, and load in the correct place.
    antiknowsbest.com

I see some code the other day for that - I know I saved it - let me see if I can find it.

that looks promising......ill have a look tommorow at it...in the meantime thanks so much for your help, that definatley looks like it might be a way forward

bast
    antiknowsbest.com