A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I can't get music to stay off!

resolved

Here's the deal; I have a website interface, with multiple "pages" that are seperated as scenes. I have a simple on/off music toggle movie/button deal, placed in the "home" scene. I can turn the sound off, but after I navigate away from home, after a few more clicks, the sounds comes back on again. Even if I don't go home, just clicking through any few scenes will start the music again. Then to make things more embarrasing, this keeps happening, looping the track over itself ad nauseum. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can make the sound actually stay off. To make things simpler, I have resigned to keeping the music toggle on the home scene only.
    I also have a similar interface where all the sections are in one scene, differentiated by labeled frames, and I still run into the same problem.

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Sounds like you have the sound inside a movieclip with too much frames , this way it will play over again . Not sure , cause this is hard to know from here .

If it loops over itself you have set the sound to event not start . check it out and also check the timeline and buttons .