dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Having some issues..

Having some issues..

Hi - I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me with some issues i'm having with a flash game i'm developing as part of my final year uni project - not used to developing flash for the web..!

Main issues include a delay on the preloader, delay part way though the audio with background music, and delay on sound effects for buttons.

The flash in its current state can be seen at http://spartacus.host.sk/vajra/
    Any general comments are welcome, but would love some assistance with getting these issues sorted - thanks!

Genius on Demand
    is any of your library items being attached dynamically? if so they are trying to be loaded in your first frame as well which will delay your preloader from showing up because until everything is in that frame nothing will appear. as far as the sound issues, i didn't really notice any problems.

Thanks for checking it out..

Quote Originally Posted by surfpunk
    is any of your library items being attached dynamically? if so they are trying to be loaded in your first frame as well which will delay your preloader from showing up because until everything is in that frame nothing will appear.
    Nothing is being loaded dynamically that i'm aware of, but I will double check that..

Quote Originally Posted by surfpunk
    as far as the sound issues, i didn't really notice any problems.
    hrmm... odd - maybe it was a case of my computer being slow/bogged down with apps. glad you didn't have any problems with that, thanks!

I didn't have any major issues from here either, I'm at work on T1 so....
    I've had issues in the past looping .mp3 as it places a small gap at the end of the file.
    Convert them to .wav and even load them externally if the file size gets a little large.
    That cleared my issues when I had them.
    Simon
    If it was worth saying, it would be in my post already...

Quote Originally Posted by simonjga
    I've had issues in the past looping .mp3 as it places a small gap at the end of the file.
    Yes, I was having that problem too, tried a number of different things and just gave up as I figured there was nothing i could do, but will try your suggestion, thanks

Well, I think the game is now complete - still had problems with the delayed preloader - when i loaded the audio files dynamically they hardly seemed to load at all; the flash would load and play while the audio would then start to load and take a while before it started to play.

Would anyone mind testing it again before I release it on the website, incase there are any other issues i'm not aware of..? http://spartacus.host.sk/vajra/
    thanks