A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How much can I charge for a two player flash CHESS game??

How much can I charge for a two player flash CHESS game??

How much can I charge for a two player flash CHESS game??
    I have experience doing web apps in flash, but not too much doing flash games. A client asked me for a two players chess game.
    I don't know how much can i charge for it.

thanks in advance

octavius360
    Last edited by octavius360; 11-25-2005 at 10:29 AM.

I recommend you take down the offer, if you don't know much about flash games, because a chess game is very complicated to make, and without the right experience, you will fail. That is just my two cents.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by swcAndrew
    I recommend you take down the offer, if you don't know much about flash games, because a chess game is very complicated to make, and without the right experience, you will fail. That is just my two cents.
    Sorry swcAndrew, but I have to bonk you or something... hehe... but just because someone has no experience making Flash games, doesn't mean he'll ever succeed in making one.

As long as Octavius360 knows actionscript and how to play chess, i know he could make a good chess game.

And besides he was just asking for a price... i think we have no right to judge someone if we don't know that person to begin with.

Anyways, cheers guys!
    i eat actionscripts for breakfast

I didn't mean to sound so harsh, I apologize if it sounded that way. I just know as a flash freelancer, some of my first projects couldn't be completed because of lack of experience, and I meant for my post to be a HEADs UP, because it's a lot more complicated than you may think. Anyway, pricing should be done privatly not publically, because as said before in another thread, these kind of discussions will ruin the market for some of those flash freelancers, like myself.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

yes, but giving him a reasonable price won't actually mean competition. And besides, pricing varies from one developer to another, based on skills, and the quality of work.
    If i say... "the price for a chess game is $500," but based on your skill-set and experience, you'ld say that's cheap, does not necessarily bag me the project. Clients ofcourse would want the cheaper price... but if cheaper means a degrade in quality... i'd bet they'd still go for the more expensive one.

And competition is good actually coz it strives you to do better.
    i eat actionscripts for breakfast

thanks and one more question

thanks a lot for your feedback.
    I think that with some help i can make a chessgame, so i will request your help in this forum :-) and i,m sure i will learn a lor for this project.
    the client told me to go on with it.
    It'll be a game one person vs. other person, not ai needed, i think it's easier than a game that plays one person vs. computer isn't it?

thanks for your help

octavius360

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by octavius360
    i think it's easier than a game that plays one person vs. computer isn't it?
    you got that right! chess is a VERY complex game... most people have trouble actually just playing it. So to create a complete AI for it would be insane...It would have to understand different strategies and that is something i would never even attempt, haha, but more power to ya!