A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: question on illustrator!

question on illustrator!

hi guys!i just learned photoshop through self learning.Do i need to learn illustrator also?i heard tat illustrator is also a industry-standard software so i was thinking that photoshop was enough or i need to learn illustrator as well..Pls enlight me..Thanks!
    hahaha

photoshop alone isnt enough and I'd strongly recommend u to learn illustrator. illustrator is a great tool for drawings and it can be used with photoshop and flash. it creates crisp and clear graphics for prints and webs. so go for it.

thxs dude...so if i learn illustrator then i know flash,photoshop and illustrator.Will these be enough?
    hahaha

it depends on u actually, if u want to stop at these 3 programs then thats fine. it should b just enough to do basic graphic designs and illustrations. in the future, however, u might wanna add a little more fx, such as 3d for example, then u'd need some knowledge on 3d app.

so i'd say keep learning and u'll have more options on what u wanna do.
    take ur time though, good luck

thxs dude..u cleared my doubts..
    hahaha

Hi, if you are going to work in the industry you will also need some knowledge of either Quark Express or Adobe indesign.

Knowledge of a vector based program is a must as they are used for large format artwork and logos. Vector files are also really small when importing to Flash, so learning how to create them is also pretty important if you are intending to do allot of flash design work.

bp

LOL this is one of those topics where it keeps going and going. You mentioned flash. If your going to learn flash you should probably learn some sort of web program such as Dreamweaver (I suggest this one not frontpage). This way you can better incorporate your flash design, that is if your designing for the web and not something else.

Also keep in mind that photoshop has imageready attached. This is a very powerful web tool as well. But when it comes to the coding you need something like dreamweaver. Or at least a pretty good understanding of html and other languages.

As for the 3d work. I think it depends on the industry you want to go for. I wish I new some 3d but I would never use it at work. For the most part we stick to Illustrator, Photoshop, and Quark here. (I HATE QUARK)

Anyway, that is my two cents.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

haha..thxs for the info,guys...
    hahaha

If you plan on going into web design then maybe a good thing to learn also would be Adobe Image Ready. Its packaged with all photoshop products. Its main use is to prep pictures for the web. If you have smaller file sizes then the internet can produce them quicker.