A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Send An E-card

Send An E-card

Hi,

I made a holiday e-card using flash and would like to email it out to people. Does anyone know how I can send it out attached to the email so when people recieve the email they see the card playing?

I've tried looking for an answer online, but so far haven't found one. I'm using Entourage to send the email and couldn't find in answer in their help either.

Thanks!
    Danielle

I wuld not recommend sending an embedded SWF in an email as the veast majority of users will a) have this email blocked entirely or b) see a blank email as SWF emails aren't let passed email built in security. I suggest you put the file online, embed a screenshot image with a link to the online SWF flyer...

But to answer you actual email, if you really really want to send the SWF inside the actual mail you would need to send an HTML formatted email:

http://www.templatekit.com/tk2/article.php?art_id=44

this links is a tutorial on how to do so in Entourage, as you are mentioning this client, I am assuming it is the one you use.
    it is your mind that decides - it is with your mind that you fly

vevmedia

Thanks for your help. Linking to the file sounds like the best option. I appreciate your reply.

Danielle