A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: TightFlash.com "Taking Learning to the Next Level"

TightFlash.com "Taking Learning to the Next Level"

Well, its that time of the year again... I had to update the site I made for my students. I added a few borrowed items from some other sites but hey, thats what Flash is all about. Anyway, take a look but remember this is an active site and lil kiddies do come to the site daily.. (well if you consider 14 and 15 year olds lil kiddies) So, please no vulgar messages on the board. Well I know I don't have to tell that to you guys cause yall are professionals... right?

yo main man lenny

TIGHTFLASH.COM

"always remember to keep it tight"

Well, I did not mean to scaree yall away from making comments about the site... If that is what I did I am truly sorry. So, feel free to speak your mind.

yo main man lenny

A few suggestions...
    • Under 'Islam', the audio is of very poor quality, especially when paired with the US national anthem...
    • Not too keen on the fonts- the date appears in Times New Roman. The pixel font in the navigation (lang arts, computers) doesn't work well- some letters are poorly readable. Too many fonts on the page (too many pixel fonts).
    • Not keen on the background- only the left side has the blue stripe, and the blue lines don't work well with me.
    • Congrats on the graphic elements, looking very good- except for the 'who will be the next top student' one
    • I'd suggest working on the alignment of the content- some of it seems out of place and doesn't fit in (ie the video player when nothing is loaded, the blue holder things on both sides of the navigation).
    • A bug (I guess)- the speech bubble when you hover over your image ("What do you expect- I'm an American") sometimes doesn't disappear on roll-out.

and... WOW- is that a forum in flash?!!! Very convenient- you've managed to get a lot of content in on one page! Good concept, for the most part a good layout but some touching up would make it shine.

And here I was thnking this thread was dead... Well, you pretty much hit it on the nail. I don't agree with everything you said but you are def. right about a few things and I wish I had time to correct and "touch em up"; Eventually, I will get around to doing it. I'm kind of a "shade tree" flash designer. I use to be able to sit for days at a time non-stop now after a few hours I stop and just move on to other things... Oh well, bad habbits are hard to break. It would be nice if I could get some of my students to help with keeping the site up, but hey, I can't even get them to do homework. When I was in school we use to jump at the chance to do anything creative. Hummmm, I guess times have changed. Things aint what they use to be. I remember when I use to walk 2 miles to school in the snow listenin to Ice T thats back when he was on top of the rap game. He still is aint he?

yo main man lenny

Well, Ice T's released a new album, hasn't he? At the top? well not really- it hasn't made much of a buzz, at least not here in NZ. Saw his interview on RoveLive when he was in Oz... but yes things have changed, I'm still a student though but here there's hardly any creative opportunities. Your students are clearly lucky to have someone as skilled as you to teach them, but maybe the site is a bit too complex- there's a lotta content there- depending on what level you teach at and your class size(s), maybe it's a bit too much. Still a very impressive work- I'm sure you'll find an inspired student or two

Its like that and thats the way it is

I try so hard to get my students to be creative... I tell em to look at me,an old out dated still reciting Ice T's "Soul on Ice" dude, who can muster up a lil creativity to do a flash web site, and they still sit there, look up at me and say, "huh." Well, just like anything, you have to do it cause you love it or else you wont be able to do it at all. Some students will love learning and some wont, no matter how easy or complicated the project or subject is. Oh well, like Run D.M.C use to say, "Its like that and thats the way it is."

yo main man lenny

The design seems too busy for me. It's hard to keep focus.
    Talk to Yuichan Artificial Intelligent Socratic Zen Conversationalist.

Changes

I feel what you are saying but if you could visit my class for a day then you would understand why its so busy. If you are trying to take it all in few minutes then it would be hard because the site has been up for a lil while and we have been adding to it for a long time. One of my students would know whats going on. I update the site every two or three months and add something new or maybe take something away this is what it looked like over a year ago.

Then after a few more changes we went to this look

So, I think that slowly we will improve the site.. or should I say me. anyway but as for the busy part I don't think it will ever not be a busy lil bee site... sorry.... but thanks for the comment...

yo main man lenny

No problem... here is my latest project I'm working on... Just got a splash page up so far, I'm currently working on it.
    Talk to Yuichan Artificial Intelligent Socratic Zen Conversationalist.

Aww Yeahhh

That was off the chizzy fo rizzy. yea you got to hit me up when you finish it so I can take a peek at it... and so I can put a link up on the site to it.

yo main man lenny

Here we go again

Here we go again... I had to update the site I made for my students. I added a few borrowed items from some other sites but hey, thats what Flash is all about. Anyway, take a look but remember this is an active site and lil kiddies do come to the site daily.. (well if you consider 14 and 15 year olds lil kiddies) So, please no vulgar messages on the board. Well I know I don't have to tell that to you guys cause yall are professionals... right?

yo main man lenny

Tight Flash V6