A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is This Possible

Is This Possible

IM wondering about the file size of my project and the best way to go about it.

It will be ideally viewed on a pda screen size.
    IM thinking rather than programming a mobile app would i be better off designing a mini flash site that could be viewed in pocket explorer.
    The site would hosted on an internal server where the users use the flash site to enter data to be collected on their pda's which is then sent wirelessly to the main server.
    IM not to up on wireless but im assuming there would be no cost to send this data to the main server.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Hi,
    thanks for the help on my thread, I have been looking in to Zinc. But for me it's a little to much money compered to what I cold use it for.
    As to your questions, do you have any idea of a webserver that would run on a PDA? Or do I missunderstand you on the internal server idea? Otherwise I do belive that the only way to save data internaly is trough either Zinc as you recomended or doing a shell program yourself with ".net 2005", evb or evc++.
    A third option mifht be to do it all on a external server with a flash/php site, shouldn't be to expensive if you keep the filesize down and onle send simple text strings back and forward.

/magnus

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Yes i have not made myself clear sorry about that.

What i mean is several pda's inputting data via drop down menu's and forms on the device. Then after finishing inputting data either saving on the device or beaming that data to a main computer in the building. Where the boss can have imidiate access then sending the data to their boss if desired.
    So no server software will be run on the pda.

Then I guess the most simple way to go would be to make a string of the data in flash and then just to send it to a server that has a php or asp file that recives and store it on the server(could probarbly just sent it with the url in a getUrl commando). Do you think that would work?

it sounds like it would but i would have to learn how to do that.
    Any idea's?
    IM a very quick learner.