dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: DOFUS great MMO

DOFUS great MMO

I know that other threads speak about DOFUS.
    But I think that it worthes a full topic.

I love this game.
    The people are nice, the graphics are very impressive and colorfull.
    It gives a real alternative to the classic dark RPGs.

Dofus is humomristic and you can play DOFUS for FREE!

Every body should at least try it out.

I am becoming a Dofus!!

A Flashkit User
    Is that game really 'free' now? I had created an account a while back when it was fairly new but didn't actaully play it. I then recieved a newsletter from them through email saying that Dofus was now 'free'. So I went to go check it out and play it but it seems as though you can still pay for membership.

So is it completely free with all the features avaliable or do you still have to pay for extra things that come with a membership?

-Ostil-

Free with restricted play Cant go certain places and so on

ya I played during beta before it offically was release where you have to pay to access certain areas. I remember they said "its beta, test for bugs". I remember finding one with the "what if" theory, usually I frown on cheating in mmorpgs, but since it was beta and it took some time building up money the honest way "merchant way". Anyways, I found a neat place in the game where after two weeks of playing say 1 or 2 hours per night I had 55000.0 money.. which was pretty amazing due to the fact that you had to save up certain amount of money on the right side of the period before it incremented on the left side and that took for ever by selling items off a merchant or selling looted items to an npc merchant. I got bored after awhile and heard of rumors that beta characters would be deleted when beta ended, (not sure if it really happened) but I found some newbie and gave him all of it.. all of a sudden he typed " you got to be kidding how did you make this much in 2 weeks?", well i didnt say, just said im bored and before I deleted my character I just wanted to give this away... Anyways, I bet this still works cause every so often I check the bug fixes and its never been mentioned, and I never took the time to report it.. shame on me... oh well.

if your full of "what ifs" im sure you would find the place im talking about easily, however, Im taking the bug to my grave, so dont ask

edit: I orginally typed 15000.0 because i was thinking i had 15 minutes to use the computer lol.. but what i meant to type was 55000.0
    Last edited by oicu812; 11-29-2005 at 11:06 PM.

A Flashkit User
    Free with restricted play...

I swear, nothings really free in life anymore is it...

What has this world come too!

-Ostil-

An FKer
    That game really wasnt that good compared to other free mmorpgs out there such as runescape

There were way too many npcs, you didnt know what to do. Also you really had no clue where to begin ...

But the graphics were nice

just thought I would add this.

redownloaded dofus and the bug still works, and works in the free version.

Well I think You can't compare Dofus to Runescape. They fight in different league. Dofus is more like light-RPG's on consoles and Runescape is little advanced (chop wood, make food etc.). For me, I don't like spend hours to collect some firewood just to cook some chrips, I like instant action with massive spells and colorful graphic.

A Flashkit User
    Hey Dofus really is that game with its colourful graphics and stuff. One thing I dont like about the game is the that characters and NPC's look like they were randomly thrown together with different body parts.

Sure it uses different creatures which are cool and add that originality, but it seems to me that they were just put together using the body of the bird char and the head of something else...

All this talk of Dofus wants me to try it again though..

-Ostil-

We did a long interview with the Dofus guys the last month >> http://www.gotoandplay.it/spotLight/dofus/

Lapo
    www.gotoandplay.it
    Flash game developers community
    www.smartfoxserver.com
    Multiplayer Flash Server

Very nice lapo just what i was looking for.
    92.7 Fresh FM for all your South Aussies - Doof Doof music FTW people!